Choose A Lover Part 11

Choose A Lover

by Wowwy10

Chapter 11

" Don't let Derek come in here... ummm... Gerald tell him that I'm asleep. Then, he'll leave." I said shakingly as I leaned back more on the hospital bed.

" I got a better idea. Why don't I take him outside and have alittle talk with that scumbag. It may get alittle violent, though." Derek said as he unlocked the door. For a few seconds, I thought about it... what Gerald was gonna do to him outside the hospital. I mean, Gerald's girlfriend was having a secret relationship with Derek while Derek, in a letter, said that he loved me just a few days ago and that he wanted to be with me. But then why would he do that?

" No. Don't beat him up, Gerald. Just tell him that I'm asleep at the moment and that he doesn't have to wait for me to wake up."

Gerald just looked at me strangely for a second, giving me a look that I've seen my sister give me before." But why? He had an affair with my ex-girlfriend..." Gerald said angerily. Before I had the chance to respond, my sister courageously said," Just do what she said. Derek isn't anyone to her anymore but that doesn't mean we have to feed this raging fire more firewood!" Gerald flinched alittle and nodded yes. He then made his way out of the room, silent and stiff as a pole.

" That took guts." I said silently. Adrianna turned her head to face me. She looked scaried and fragile. But deep inside her was a raging fire that grew bigger and bigger everytime me and her bonded. " I know," she said softly but if you agreed to allowing Gerald to beat up Derek, I would of yelled at you. That's why I said that to him." Then, my sister began to cry.

It takes alot for my sister to cry. I remember when our old dog, Bone, died... She cried for a minute or two and then stopped. We both loved Bone. He was a good dog... That isn't the point though. The point is that my sister only cries when something involving death occurs...........

" Adri, why are you crying?" I asked softly as I crawled next to her. As she cried, she managed to explain to me why she was bawling. Her explanation was that when she yelled at Gerald, instead of seeing him, she saw David. David was her boyfriend. He died from alcohol poisioning a few years ago. He was Adri's only boyfriend.

" Gerald isn't anything close to what David looked like... But he does act slightly like how David used to.... Who am I kidding! Gerald acts exactly like David." I jokingly said hoping for her to smile and laugh back. Instead, she looked at me and shed more tears then before.

" Look, I'm happy Gerald loves you and all but everytime I think about your romance, I ask myself why'd he have to die... He didn't deserve to but he did. Guess that's what happens when you get ahold of the bottle." She said slowly while grabbing my hand. She really did miss him. When I mean really I mean really, really, really badly.

***

David was a great guy.

He used to bring me and my sis mini chocolate cakes and then he'd used to help us decorate them. Half the time, he and my sister used start kissing and I'd split them apart by starting either a food fight with frosting and extra cake or I'd steal my sister's cake and start running all around the house.

I remember when me and my sis used to go to the mall with David and start playing tag. It was so fun seeing him stop to catch his breath and then as we went back to check if if he was okay, he'd tag us and start running.

Those were the days... I still wish I could relive them.

*****

"Look," I said, wiping away the tears from her face" David's in a better place... The place where mom and dad are..." I paused. I felt tears starting to gather in my eyes but I told myself not to start crying. At least, I told myself, don't begin crying in front of Adrianna.

I have to stay strong, I told myself.

Adri then looked into my eyes. She sensed my pain...

My agony, the irony, and the sadness that dwelled in me.

" You're right." Adri said grabbing my hands even tighter then before. " Mom and dad are in a better place now and so is David... so I guess I'll have to cope with this just like I've had to deal with you. No offense." She said laughing. Finally The drama of the situation had occurred and it was over with. For now.

All of a sudden, as I was about to wrap my arms tightly around Adrianna to make her laugh even louder, the hospital room door flung open. It wasn't who I aspected it to be though, Gerald. It was Derek.

Behind him was Gerald with a bloody nose.

***

Gerald didn't listen to me and now Derek wanted me back. But I had a feeling he wanted something more.

He wanted my trust, my tears, and my strength= my life. <3

***

Hey guys! I haven't written in a while and I know alot of people are upset with me but alot has happened in my life..... I just want to update you guys that soon I will be the ending this series and I'll be continuing another series. Idk which one though.... comment and vote so I can continue the series.

Wowwy10/Dani <3