Chapter 34: Dressing Up

"Jade~!" Kelly hollers out to me and I turn to face her pointing out to the two cocktail dresses she's laid out on her bed. "I'm still confused as to which dress I'm gonna wear tonight?"

Kelly bought two dresses when we went out shopping hours ago as our work was only until three o'clock in the afternoon today. We ran through shop to shop in search of dresses that appealed to our eyes. I found the right one for me in the second shop that we entered. Kelly found hers at the fifth shop, but wasn't sure and bought another one at the seventh. Then we bought shoes and accessories after.

To be honest, going through three or four shops was tiring enough for me, but Kelly looks like she can go through several more. Oh gosh! I'm pooped just thinking about it.

"You know what Kelly, I think this second dress you bought is more pretty. The eggnog color of the dress with its sparkly designs on the torso is much more elegant rather than this black and white dress your first bought."

"I know right?! I mean... The black and white dress is cute too, but I thought this eggnog one would be much better."

"Yeah! Besides, you can always wear that black and white one on another occasion!"

"True true! And besides! That garnet and buttermilk dress you bought was much too cute! It really suites you!"

"Thanks Kelly. I'm glad I picked the right one."

Me and Kelly hurry up and prepare to look our best for our party tonight, and also because Luke is picking us up tonight at six, since I didn't want to bring my car and Kelly doesn't have a car yet.

I also didn't want to tell Luke about me running away from home, because I didn't want him to worry, cause he worries too much on my behalf.

Hours later, when both Kelly and I were ready and just taking selfies together and fixing up ourselves a bit as we take the selfies, the doorbell rang. "Oh! That must be Lucky right now!" giggles Kelly and I nudge her and whine. She just gives me a giggle and a wink as a response before rushing to the door.

I, on the other hand, am standing nervously by the hallway as I peek towards the doorway.

Kelly then opens the door to reveal Luke. "Hey Luke! I'm glad you could come to pick us up!"

"It's no big deal, you girls needed a ride and I was happy to oblige." Luke looks so formal and so handsome with what he's got on. Such simple clothing can look so good depending on the person. Luke was wearing, probably, a plain white polo shirt underneath his grey sweater as he also wore a black blazer, with faded denim jeans, a brown belt, and paired with black Chelsea shoes.

"Yeah... Why don't you come in first?" offered Kelly.

"Uh, sure! Thanks." he smiles and walks to my direction. I try to back away as I am somehow feeling nervous all of a sudden. I even feel my cheeks flush of embarrassment. Why am I feeling like this of all times?!

"So... You girls almost done?"

"Yeah... Let us get our bags first before we head out, alright?"

"Sure thing."

As Luke appears from the corner, he then spots me and turns to look at me with wide eyes. "J-Jade?" he was stuttering.

Now I feel completely embarrassed. "Y-Yes Luke?" As if snapping back to his senses, he curses and turns away as he covers his face with his arm. "L-Luke? Is there a problem?"

"Of course there's a problem!" he blurts out, confusing me. "The major problem here is you're looking this adorable and I feel deeply hurt that you're already in love with another man! Damn! I want to hug you right now!"

Kelly was doing her best to hide in her laughter by the side and Luke still wasn't looking at me. Honestly, I was trying hard not to giggle at how pathetic he was right now. He's not flirting with me, but rather, expressing his honest opinions...

Makes me really wonder though, that if I wouldn't have fallen for Chris, would I have had a better future with this guy? But no... I'm not regretting waiting for and choosing Chris. I still love him and will wait patiently for him to explain this misunderstanding to me.

Because things weren't going anywhere, and I felt like I had to do it... Well... I would've done it even if he didn't say it out. But, I gave Luke a gentle hug. He jolted a bit from the shock I gave him, but he slowly accepted my hug and embraced me tightly in response.

"Now I feel really envious of Chris." mutters Luke as I see his cheeks flush into red. Aww... Look at how embarrassed he is now... His sentence just made me giggle and pinch his cheeks to make him feel better.

[Luke's P.O.V.]

"Alright you two... We don't want to be late for the party now, do we?" suggested Kelly.

"Yup~!" Jade answers as she lets go of me and head to Kelly's bedroom to collect her stuff.

"Hold your sh*t together now Luke. You wouldn't want a black-eye on Christmas now, would you?" Kelly mocks me before following after Jade.

I know that more than anyone... Damn! I feel like a sucker for Jade even though she hasn't been single for a long time now!

When the two came our with their coats, purses and gifts, I open the door for them and lock the door behind me, and did the same when we reached my car.

"Does Hazel know how to get to Cecilia's place? Cause I know Fredrick can." I asked both of the girls in the back seat. They just let their gifts sit in front with me.

"Please! We already gave Hazel the address.So she just needs to input it into her GPS and it'll do all the work for her!" answers Kelly.

"Haha! That's true... So... Which names did you girls get for our exchanging of gifts?" I try to inquire.

"Stupid! That'll ruin the fun in surprises!" spat out Kelly.

"Yeah... Kelly and I even decided not to tell each other ours in case we get each others' names."

"Smart choice. Then I guess I won't pursue any further then..."

A couple of topics and minutes later, we finally arrived at our destination. I parked the car and the three of us stepped out to look around. "I always knew Cecilia was an extravagant kind of person, but I never pictured her house to be this big and fancy." mumbled out Kelly.

"And just look at all the beautiful Christmas decor surrounding the place." seconded Jade. Cecilia's house, this house could be her dream house, that's why its so cool!

A couple of minutes later, we heard a car stop by the gateway. The person inside rolled down their window, "Hey guys! I guess I got here just in time!" Hazel laughed.

"Good then! Just park your car besides Luke's and we'll ring the doorbell." said Kelly.

"But what about Fredrick?" asked Jade.

"I guess he was early? See that car parked on the other side? That's Fred's car." I told her pointing to the car.

"It is!"

As Hazel had walked to us with her things in hand, we rang the doorbell and waited for anyone to come and get us by the door. Moments later, we heard the door click and then it was opened to reveal Cecilia.

"Hey guys! Glad you could make it!" Cecilia says excitedly and hugs each one of us.

"We wouldn't miss this party for the world!" laughs Hazel and all of us chime in.

"Come on out of the cold and into my warm home." Cecilia leads us inside and tells us to hang our coat on the coat stand. It feels warm and toasty inside, its good because the girls are wearing cocktail dresses.

Cecilia then leads us into a grand room and faces us while stretching her arms out as she plasters a beautiful smile on her face.

"Welcome to my home."