Chapter 3

Skye's POV

After the four-day foundation day, graduation practice started.

During those three days, Andrew did all he could to show Kayla he was sorry and Kayla managed to forgive Andrew and they continued their relationship. I still can't imagine why Kayla forgave that jerk! But I have to trust her decision.

As of now, it's been smooth sailing between them.

Tammy and I haven't been talking at all since that day. I think we're unofficially taking a break. Being separated might gave us both the time we needed to think about things.

Finally, Graduation day came. Of course it's filled with happiness and sadness. Both of me and Kayla's families were so proud.

After we said our goodbyes and good lucks to our now former classmates, we all headed home where Kayla and I had a joint intimate graduation party with just us and our families. It was a night to remember.

Now, It's officially the start of Summer vacation.

On day 2 of my summer, Tammy had finally contacted me. She asked me to meet with her at the park gazebo so of course I went. Honestly, I missed her and I'm sad that she wasn't there during my graduation ceremony but like I plan to make it all up to her this summer

But what she said took wasn't what I expected.

"Skye, I think it's best if we break up..." she said, sadness in her tone

"But...Why?"

"When we apart, it gave me the time to look back at our relationship and I realized something important" Tammy explained and looked straight into my eyes, "Even before we got into this relationship, your heart already belongs to someone else"

I stared at Tammy with confusion. Why would she say that? I wasn't with anyone before we got together and I'm not in love with someone either so why would she come to that conclusion?

"I don't get this" I responded, "You think I'm in love with someone else?"

Tammy didn't reply, instead she leaned closer and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you for everything" she showed a small smile, "Goodbye Skye..."

I was left standing alone, with the realization that my relationship with Tammy was really over.

++++

I was lying quietly in my bed. After that break up, I wanted to lock myself up in my room. I thought I was okay but in reality I'm not, I'm really depressed and yet not a single tear fell from my eyes.

"Your heart already belongs to someone else"

...what does even she mean by that? I don't understand.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by sudden knocks on my door. Dad probably wants to see if I'm up for a round of badminton.

"Dad, can we play some other time?! I'm really not feeling it right now!" I shouted

But instead of hearing dad's voice, I heard a different voice instead.

"Skye, it's Kayla! Are you okay?"

I quickly sat up. Kayla? What is she suddenly doing here?

"Yeah! um, hey, can you come another time? I don't really want any visitors right now!"

I didn't hear her reply instead I heard the door knob turning and soon enough she's inside my room.

She smiled at me as she showed the duplicate key to my bedroom door, "Uncle Tom let me borrow me this"