Chapter 6

"Once upon a time, a witch laid a curse on a princess into an eternal slumber. One day, a young man appeared, intending to awake her. But then...a voice whispers, "Awaken the princess from her sleep? What a cruel thing to do. For what if the princess wishes not to receive the kiss of awakening, but rather to continue to sleep forever."

It was early in the morning in Goldcrown Town, everything was peaceful. Mytho was standing by the window, gazing out into the town. Fakir opened the door and entered the room, seeing Mytho wide awake.

"So you're awake." Fakir called to him.

"Fakir..." Mytho spoke.

"What?" Fakir said, a bit of a groan escaping his lips.

"I wonder...what it is I think of you, Fakir. What I think of Rue, what I think of you Fakir, what I think of (Name), and when I'm thinking about Princess Tutu. Each one makes me feel different. But I don't know what names I should give these feelings." Mytho said facing Fakir. "Tell me, Fakir. Don't I need to know what they are?" He asked.

"Stop bringing on nonsense." Fakir glared at Mytho, confronting him.

"But-" Mytho began.

"You listen to me, you useless, good-for-nothing--" Fakir approached Mytho and turned his face to his. "What's this? You're trembling." Fakir gasped as his eyes grew wide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duck was in her room, laying on the floor near her window with the lamp by her side as she was deep in thought.

"I just couldn't sleep somehow." Duck said aloud. "I saw Mytho smile." She added as she remembered him smiling at Rue at the Fire Festival. "I guess for Rue at least he'll smile like that." She smiled sadly to herself then turned serious. "There's no way that Mytho doesnt need a heart!" Duck said with determination then got to open her curtains when she noticed Mytho by his window. "Huh? Mytho?" She gazed at the handsome fellow.

She opened her window and stared at Mytho with determination in her eyes.

"I'll get your heart back for you!" Duck spoke to him through her mind when Fakir entered the picture. "Fakir!" She gasped as Mytho and Fakir went back to their room. "Just what is he plotting? Tricking Mytho into obeying him. Or is it something else completely?" Duck asked aloud as she climbed further out her window. "Whatever you're plotting it's no use. Princess Tutu will get all of Mytho's heart and--ahhhh!" She began as she suddenly slid off the roof. "Quack!" She quacked then turned into a duck as her now heavy clothes began to weigh her down causing her to fall off the roof but fell in top of her clothes as a cushion.

"Duck! Duck! Let's go!" Pike called out.

"Maybe she messed up the time and left again." Lilie thought aloud to Pike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You yawned out loud as you and Rue walked together to the academy.

"I don't know how you're tired (Name), you stayed home for the entire day." Rue looked at you.

"Heheh. I guess I'm just a sleepy person." You laughed.

Then you remembered what Rue said last night.

"So um, Nee-chan. How was the Fire Festival last night? Did you and Mytho win the golden apple?" You asked changing the subject but Rue stopped in her tracks making you stop as well. "Nee-chan?" You looked at Rue with worry.