30 Days Without You

30 Days without You

Prologue

“Baby, I don’t think this is a good idea.” I sat next to my boyfriend, Alex wondering if what we were doing was a wonderful idea.

“Come on, Ronnie. It isn’t like this isn’t the first time you have had a burn.” Alex gave me the joint. He was right after two years of dating I’ve smoked pot with him about ten times. Alex had a drug test coming up, and he’s already failed once I didn’t want him to fail twice. This time he would have to go to rehab, with no communication.

“Maybe you shouldn’t do it Alex, what about after your drug test?” He groaned staring at me with his big puppy dog eyes. All my friends would tell me that every time they looked into his eyes, they saw me and every time they looked into mine they saw him.

“I’ll get one of those things that wash out your system.” With those few words, taking the joint from my hands he inhaled and breathed out. He gestured it towards me shaking my head, I decided to stay back and watch my boyfriend be an idiot.

I mean what was the worst that could happen? He can’t really go to rehab, it was just a threat. Plus Alex always learned from his mistakes. No way would he make the same one.  After about twenty minutes of smoking the effects started to happen. 

“Hey Ronnie?” He said giving me a goofy smile.

“Yes, Alex?” I smiled, I couldn’t help it he was so funny.

“I’m going to eat this; after I do I want you to put my eyes out.” He smiled staring at the little bit of pot he could smoke.

“Put your eyes out? What do you mean?”

“My eyes they’re on fire!” He waved his hands up and down like he was trying to put the smoke out. Bursting out into the laughter, I pretended to throw water on his eyes.

“They’re all out!”

“Thank you.” He leaned over giving me a kiss on the lips making me smile. Leaning back he shoved the pot in his mouth and chewed it slowly. A disgusted look came on his face as he stared at me.

“This doesn’t taste very good.” I laughed not knowing what to say. He fell to the ground staring up at me.  I leaned over him hair falling into my face. I leaned down kissing him on the lips; he opened his mouth a little bit making the kiss deeper. Sitting down on his lower stomach I tangled my hands in his black shaggy hair. I loved how short but fluffy it was.

“Hey look at me.” Breaking the kiss I looked into his hazel eyes. They were a beautiful golden green.

“Yeah?” He smiled at me, curious I notice his arm move and his hand pick up a pebble. Throwing it at me I laughed getting up while he grabbed my leg making me fall. I couldn’t help but laugh at him while he practically crawled up my leg wrapping his hands around my waist. Giving me a quick peck on the lips, flipping me over me looked up at him while he laid on top of me.

“You’re so immature.” I laughed looking at him. He wasn’t really high anymore and he was becoming more of himself.

“You know you like it babe.” He winked at me nuzzling his face into my neck.  He bit my neck softly coughing me to give a low moan.

“Mm...” Laughing Alex got up pulling me up with him and walking over to the swings. I sat on his lap enjoying my time with him. I loved every moment with him. I love being with him. What the heck, I love him. I laughed at my own thoughts causing Alex to stare at me weirdly.

“Why the laughing?” Shaking my head I looked into his eyes one more time.

“Oh no reason, hey what time is it?” Pulling his phone out of his pocket he looked at the time groaning. 

“I’ve got to go to basketball practice. I’ll drop you off before I go.” I opened the door to his red pickup truck while he turned on the ignition and drove down the street. I didn’t live far from the park, only about a five minute drive.

“I love you.” Alex said giving me a kiss before I got out.

“I love you too, text me when you get out of practice.”

“Will do baby girl.” He drove away and I walked inside to my family eating.

“Hello Ty, Mom, Father.” I glared at my dad playfully. “What yawl eating?”

“Enchiladas.”  My mom set my plate down and I dove in starving because I hadn’t eaten anything all say.

"Someone’s hungry.” My mother snickered at me.

“Hey if you keep eating you’re going to be fat and Alex is going to dump you.” I stuck my tongue out at my little seven year old brother.

“Tyrone William Sander, don’t talk like that to your sister.”

“Yeah don’t talk like that to your older sister.” Putting lots of emphasizes on the older part.

“Veronica, stop.” I shook my head mumbling a yes to my mother. Getting up I went over to the sink rinsing my plate off and putting it in the dishwasher.

“I’ll be up in my room.” I pulled my phone out texting Alex while walking up the stairs.

Hey, you out yet?

It was already past seven and it’s been an hour sense he went.  I closed my door turning on the radio was an instinct for me a bad habit that I probably could never break.  Stronger by Kelly Clarkson was playing on the radio. I nodded my head to it, picking out some cute pajamas to wear for sleep. I know it seemed silly but I wanted to look sexy while I was sleeping.

I slipped into my bathroom messing with my hair before stripping out of my clothes and turning on the shower. I felt all the dirt slip off my as the water cascaded off. After about an hour in the shower, I got out checking my phone I still received no text from Alex.

It was probably one of those long practices I’m sure he’ll text me later tonight.  Worriedness overcame my mind. Why did I have to worry so damn much?! I got my phone texting Alexis.

Lexi, is Alex back from bball practice?

It only took seconds for her to reply back, she must’ve been texting that douche of boyfriend Dylan. Till this very day I had no idea why he hated me. Dylan and Alexis were an off and on couple, like you could tell they loved each other but I don’t know they were so damn complicated!

Nah, chill man he still there. I’m sure he wills text you when he’s done lol.

Alexis aka Lexi was my best friend, sister and Alex’s little sister. Probably the most important fact, because if it wasn’t for her I don’t think me and Alex would have ever got together. I still remember the night we met. And how Lexi kicked me in the face when all three of us were sleeping on the couch.

Lexi took up half the couch forcing me and Alex to cuddle together. She still accuses me of “doing” something under the blanket. Okay, maybe something went down but it was nothing bad, I think? I lay down on my bed not fully awake but not tired either. I was wondering if I should stay up until Alex text me or just fall asleep.

My phone beeped turning over I noticed it was another text from Lexi.

Hey, Alex is home.

Okay, Cookie (:

I smiled waiting for Alex to text me. It was something I would always do the first week we started dating. Wait for him to text me first. Because, us girls like to feel that waiting for you to text us first was worth it, and that you think of us as much as we think of you. Also, we don’t want to seem needy and clingy.

Hey Babe…

I looked down at my phone noticing Alex had texted me. I hated how his sentence ended in three dots. Oh no he’s going to break up with, was my first thought.

Yeah? /:

I waited a good five minutes before he texted back.

I failed another drug test; I’m going to have to go to rehab.

----

Alright, this is a new story im starting. Its kinda lovey dovey but you know haha, i think its going to be cute ^_^ Please vote, fan and commet if you havnt.