The witch and the werewolf

Chapter 1 - nightmares a new beginning

Fire. That's all I saw. Screaming. That's all I heard. Pain. That's all I felt.

"Mom!!!!" I screamed.

I was running towards her screaming body in the woods we once called home. The woods that had beautiful flowers. The wood that were filled with color and all sorts of creatures. The woods that were now burning and holding the life of my mother inside.

I was dodging burning trees when I got knocked down by my brother.

"Cleo! You're going the wrong way!!! We have to leave now! " Screamed my brother. His blonde hair sticking with sweat to his forehead and his brown eyes filled with panic.

"We can't just leave! Moms out there" I yelled with tears falling down my pale face. i look over again to the burning mess and saw my dad running towards us holding my older sisters hand. Her blonde angelic hair was now covered in dirt. Her strong eyes were filled with tears and frightened. Being the youngest I always looked up to them.

"We have to go now." My dad screamed. I completely ignored him and ran the other direction.

Her body was right there struggling. I called out her jumping over broken trees. She didn't answer. Her black hair was sprawled out around her. Her green eyes were searching around her. Her beauty was gone.

"Mom?" I whispered.

"Cle-e-e-o" she stuttered my name.

"Where are Caleb and Clara??" She asked referring to my siblings.

"They are safe. Let's go mom." I said reaching for her hand. Grabs my hand but doesn't get up.

" I love you" my mother says as she drops her hand from mine.

"No! Mom!!! Don't do this" I screamed.

"I don't want to be alone"

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I shot out of bed with a sticky sweat covering my body. This was the fourth night I've been having this same old dream about my hopeless past. I was only 13 when she died. Clara was 15 and Caleb was 17. My dad ran off after about a week leaving us a note saying he couldn't do this without my mother. He didn't leave us a penny. When my brother turned 18 he left to become a soldier in the army. My sister became a druggie and brother was never home. So I left them. And now I'm 17 living the life under the witches force.

The witches are a council of old crabby ladies. They are mean and grouchy. They send a guardian who supplies me with details and money. You see in the human world I would be known as a hit man. But in the witch world I'm known as a savor. I kill whoever they put on the list. I kill them because the witches have their own reasons. It's usually some rich 50 year old man. Right now I'm in London. Living the awesome life. I have a boyfriend Ashton and a cute chihuahua named daisy.

I get out of my silk sheets and walk into my huge walk in closet with a chandelier inside. Let's get the day started...

I walk in touching all the fabrics of my clothes and thinking about me and Ashton. God he is perfect!!! With his beautiful blonde hair swept to the side and his green eyes that sparkle, and let's not forget that has this sexy British accent. My guardian, Rockel, thinks I shouldn't be engaged with a human boy. She thinks it was 'wrong' of me to lose my innocence to him. But we are in love. He loves me and I love him.

My thoughts were broken when someone cleared their throat.

"ROCKEL!! Don't scare me like that!"

" Is that how you treat your fairy god mother?" She questioned back while flipping her blonde hair.

"What brings you here?" I asked

She smiles and sits down on the little cushioned bench in my closet. "Sweat heart! They're moving you to a new location!!!" She screamed jumping up and down clapping her hands.

"Haha. Yea right." I new that she was bluffing. Right?

"I'm being serious. Finally you can end things with that sausage boy."

"What the hell?! I am not leaving him. I love him! I cant..."

I was cut off by Rockels harsh words.

"THAT BOY IS A PATHETIC HUMAN. ALL HE CARE FOR IS SEX, AND YOU ARE LEAVING UNLESS YOU WANT THE WITCHES TO SLICE YOUR PRETTY LITTLE HEAD OF YOURS OFF! " She screamed with a vain popping out through her neck.

When witches are mad they tend to be really scary.

"At least have the decency to tell me where I have to move. Maybe we can have one of those long distance relationships!" I yelled

"Oh sugar plum. Unless your relationship can stand over seas. Then is see that you are in a predicament! Your going to New York babe!" She said with a huge smile placed on her face.

It felt like a bullet hit me. I dropped to the ground hugging my knees while my wavy black hair hung on my face. Tears were spilling. Why did they have to do this to me! Right when is started to get a life! With only my senior year left. I was happy with a man I love. I live in a beautiful city. And they have to ruin it. By making me live in New York. The state my mother was murdered in. The state I left my brother and sister.

"When do I leave." I said in a whisper.

"Tonight." Rockel said with a bit of worry in her blue wrinkled eyes.

I got up and began moving my finger in circular motions as a suitcase opens and all of my clothes begin to neatly fold itself inside. I grab a pair of my rock and republic jeans and a black juicy couture hoody. I put on my white fadora and my brown heeled booties. I put a bit of makeup on and brush my teeth and walk out the door. I walked out of my apartment and make my way down the street to Ashton's house. I can't leave without saying goodbye. I text him and let him know I'm coming.

I knock on the red door.

"Babe! I got your text. I'm so glad your here." He says with a deep British accent.

"Yea we need to.." I get cut off.

"So my parents aren't home so.." He grabs my waist and pulls me in. He begins to kiss my neck and pull my hoodie off.

"Ashton." I breathe.

No answer

"Ashton stop it."

He continues.

"Ashton I'm breaking up with you!" I cry out.

He stops kissing me and looks into my eyes as if I said I was pregnant.

"What the fuck Cleo?" He grunts.

"I'm moving"

"What do you mean your moving?!"

" I'm going to New York because I want to see the world and there are better schools and.." I struggle but he cuts me off.

" Cleo you don't even have fucking parents. They're dead!"

"I know but I need to take better care of my life." I say slightly crying.

Instead of answering me he looks at the ground.

"Do you know where Molly is? She isn't answering her phone." I say referring to my best friend.

"Yea I do. She left my house 10 minutes ago. So she's probably driving home." He sneers.

"Why was she here?"

"Haha. Oh love. You don't get it. Let me be more specific. She left my bed about ten minutes ago." He says with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

My jaw drops.

"YOU ASSHOLE. YOU SLEPT WITH MY BEST FRIEND?!" I screamed with anger running through me.

"Honey we've been sleeping with each other for 4 months now." He smiled.

That's it I snapped. My best friend. The ugly ginger. With freckles covering her whole pale body, has been seeing m boyfriend behind my back. I look at Ashton with hate in my eyes and his nose starts bleeding. Then blood starts to come from his eyes. Then his ears. Then his mouth.