Chapter 1: Predicaments

It's dark..... oh? What's that? A light? No, fire! There's more so much more! They illiuminate such ghastly faces!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!

     Shooting awake, Rapunzel knots her hair in a golden web. She wakes from the scare and pain of a dream.

"Its not real. It's a dream.... Just a dream."

     She gets up, long hair trailing, and sits at her vanity. Hair a mess, she picks through it with a jeweled bone comb, shaking from the unconsious scare. Before long her hair is straight and smooth then she makes herself up, yet for no one in her world.

     She is primed and ready for a short promanade to her window to over look the courtyard of forest. When she arrives at the window, she greets nothing but hunger and the silence of trees.

"My Subjects!!!!-", she starts to shout, forgetting momentarily about the broken kingdom. Then she whispers, "I shall die here in this tower...."

    She then starts to hang her too long hair out of the window, like a royal flag, to try and draw attention. But unknown to the usurp queen, the hanging flame of hair is swallowed up by the sea of perpetual green.

     That is her ritual everyday now. Awake, Make-up, sit and sulk out her little window hoping for the rescue by a fair knight in shining armor. She has been that way for a fortnight and for a fortnight like that she has stayed. She knows by now that she has little chance of surviving the ordeal bestoyed upon her. Or so she thought.

     The villiager of her kingdom all left, for she could not offer them adaquate protection from the beast of the wood. It was said the beast liked to snatch children from their beds and rip the skin off their bones and to capture maidens and tear them into parts like fodder of war. Anyone who stood in the beast's way was slautered beyond pray tell. All the Queen's horses and all the Queen's men couldn't put Humphry together again and neither could the chorus of angels that await him.

     The only description of the beast was sharp claws, fur like ice and eyes like the pits that hell hath known. And because of the terrifying beast, the villagers sought to take control themselvers.

"Kill the Queen!!!!"

"Off with 'er head!!!"

"She be just the golden froot ta da beast!!!! Sacrifice 'er!!!"

     So with self-perservation in mind, she barred her door and used her mystical magic to destroy the steps leading up to the tower. Now you'd think that with her being magical that she might of killed the beast. No she caused all the famine all the sickness and occasionally blew up the festivals. She wasn't in the least skilled and almost all her spells backfired until she needed it the most.

     Queen Rapunzel learned to look out at the midless kingdom. Just waiting to be saved. But unknown to her, Beast not fully gone from the kingdom.....

     Meanwhile, in the Kingdom of Damasca, the crown prince was being told to deliver the magic tomb of Nox to the kingdom of Afar. The Prince had to go through the forest of perpetua to get to the kingdom. He had a map, however, it got wet in the river and ran like a bruise. He was in the forest now and the forest rarely let anyone free without penitence.

"Afar can't be too far away... At best I should follow the river, but which way to go...?""

Instead of getting more haplessly lost, as if he already wasn't, he decided to camp out and wait for a sign. He built his fire and stared at it intensely 'till his eyes grew dry and pained.

"This is complete madness. Why should I go and deliver this bloody trinket. I'd rather be home, in my furs, with the maids. But instead I'm cold, tired and BED-LESS!!!!!!" he shouted.