The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos (Christmas Special!!) -4-

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone is having a good one!

Comment below the favorite gift you recieved this year, or just your favorite thing about this time of year. I got a bunch of dorm room things I'm really excited about.

I hope you enjoy!

******************

The day was Christmas Eve, and the day was to be spent scrambling in the morning for the party that was happening in the late afternoon at Abel's Dad's house. We would be stopping at Abel's Mother's tomorrow after opening presents with his sisters, and I was insanely excited to see her. She had been busy the past couple of days, working and volunteering at the hospital she frequently visited. This woman was a saint, and all I wanted from her was her hugs.

Laura, Abel's stepmom was thankful to have me. I was helping her stuff the mushrooms, and prep the lasagna we would be serving the guests. She also loved the fact I was teasing Abel anytime I could. He was so bad with his sisters it was adorable. You could tell he had been an only child for a very long time, and not familiar with small children. Every time I poked my head into the living room to check on them, it looked like Abel was trying to get in as much trouble as the girls were.

Last night when Abel and I went to bed, I was starting to feel really awkward. I didn't want to say anything to Abel, I didn't want to feel awkward around him but I couldn't help it. He lazily had his arm underneath my neck as we laid up staring at his white ceiling. We'd been fine, joking and teasing each other, decorating the Christmas tree but now that we were alone in the light of only the white lights that lined his room and railing, I couldn't get my skin to stop crawling.

"Abel." I whispered, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. I could feel him turn his head to look at me, but I couldn't say this while making eye contact with him. I didn't finish my thoughts out loud though and I felt Abel sit up.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Abel asked, and immediately I bolted up.

"What? No! No! Why... do you want to break up?" Was this morning so bad that he wanted to break up? What would I do if Abel broke up with me? I was staying at his house! I would probably get on the soonest plane back to Florida, or bus, Hell I'd walk. I wondered in that split second what Chase would say when I called him crying from the airport. I would call him though, I would need him to say something to make it better.

"NO! But you're acting like you want to say something along those lines and if you want to, you can I wont-"

"I don't want to break up with you! I just..." I bit my lip. "I really like you Abel, it has nothing to do with my lack of feelings towards you, I'm just too scared to. I know we did stuff this morning, but I don't want to" Abel looked mortified. "It's not that I didn't enjoy that, I did! I'm too scared to have sex with you. I don't want to have sex with you. Not yet." I rushed the last part out and threw my head down.

After a moment Abel grabbed my shoulder to make me look at him.

"That's what this was about? You wanted me to know you're not ready for sex?" I nodded, embarrassed and scared. "That is absolutely fine. That is seriously completely fine with me. Don't feel bad or embarrassed. I wasn't expecting that, I expect nothing from you, I swear" I smiled a little and let Abel hug me. "This is a relief from me thinking you were going to break up with me."

We were obviously past that, it was just a horribly awkward thing to discuss.

It was getting closer and closer to the time Abel and I agreed on to exchange gifts. We bought little things for each other for under the tree, and then a few more things for Abel's Mom's house- but the bigger more meaningful things were going to be opening tonight in the privacy of his room.

When his house was full of people, the TV was shut off the radio was turned on. It was playing a CD Abel burned with the girl's Christmas music selection. Everyone thought it was endearing that I was singing and dancing with the girls even though I sucked at both things. I kept getting compliments on my outfit though, which was very nice. I was wearing a high necked, mid sleeve dress that was tight until the middle of my rib cage before flowing out a bit. Underneath the dress I was wearing black sheer tights and black ballet flats. It felt weird wearing a dress, but I was told by the girls I had to dress up.

I met Abel's entire extended family, it was hilarious; his cousins kept joking about how amazing it was that he scored such a pretty girlfriend but I would just squeeze Abel's hand. I tried saying it was I who was lucky to have him, but all of the guys our age just laughed. We spent a lot of time in the family room playing games on the Wii, Will one of his cousins brought over Just Dance 2014. It was the perfect opportunity to show everyone how horrible I was at dancing and coordination. Abel couldn't stop laughing at me. I was sliding all over the place on the hardwood floor because I had taken my flats off and my thin tights were not helping.

This was the most fun I had had during Christmas in a very long time, having this big of a family was awesome. I know a lot of people complain about big families, but every Christmas was very small for me; especially being an only child with a Dad who worked some of the time. I was surprised that when it was time to start opening gifts, I actually had gifts to open that weren't from Abel or his parents. Some of his aunts and uncles who knew I was coming bought me little things, like Spa Socks and fancy hot chocolate mix. Abel had me open a few gifts from him, and I patted my feet on the floor admiring my amazing new Doctor Who shirts, which allowed me to geek out with a few of his older family members who watched Classic Who as kids.

A few people had left, but the party was still thriving, the girls hitting their third wind of energy and I knew how impossible it was going to be to get them to sleep for awhile after everyone finally would leave. Unexpectedly Abel's phone rang though, I had noticed it by chance, and realized soon after he had missed three calls previously.

The color evaporated from Abel's face almost immediately after he answered the phone in the kitchen. Everyone around him went silent, and I instinctively reached out for his hand; he didn't squeeze back.

"Can you tell me anything?" The tone of Abel's voice made my stomach wrench, he sounded so scared and angry. "I'll be right there." He hung up, and everyone waited for an explanation. "My Mom's in the hospital, we have to go." He clung to my hand, and without another word we slipped on our shoes, Abel grabbed his keys and we were gone.