one

warning: fucked up shit ahead. read with caution and be safe.

It started when a new car pulled up in the small town in Ohio. The car was loud, and it ripped through the silence of the small Christian town. All of the people watched warily as it passed, going down a long empty road then disappearing into the woods.

Castiel was 19 years old. He watched the car drive by through the blinds of his room, the dull evening light created stripes across his face in the dark room. His blue eyes were trained on the old car, ignoring his mother as she called up to him. He jumped when he heard footsteps coming up the stairs and quickly pulled on a loose pair of sweatpants.

Naomi opened the door to his room and sighed. "You're not even ready yet! Mass starts in twenty minutes, Castiel. Get dressed."

Castiel nodded with a quiet "Yes, mother," but didn't move until she closed the door. When he heard her footsteps retreating he released the breath he had been holding and took off his sweatpants.

Castiel reached down to smooth out the crumpled fabric of the skirt he was hiding from his mother, frowning when it stayed wrinkled. He would have to sneak downstairs while Naomi was gone to iron it out again.

He stared at his legs for a few long moments, captivated by the pale blue against his pale skin. Castiel bit his lip and sadly removed the skirt. He folded it up neatly and placed it into the third drawer on his dresser, underneath all of his jeans where he kept all of his favorite pastel skirts and dresses in secret.

Castiel pulled his long t-shirt down to his thighs as he shivered at the cold air blowing through his open window. He regretfully pulled on the button up shirt and slacks that his mother laid out for him. He smirked slightly as the slacks slid up onto his hips, covering the flash of pale pink lace. Nobody had to know.

He walked down the stairs to where his mother was waiting at the dining room table, her gray pantsuit as spotless as ever. Her red hair was pulled up into a neat bun and her posture perfect. She pointed to the chair beside her.

"It's cold out tonight, don't forget your jacket." Castiel nodded and pulled on the black blazer that was sitting on the back of the chair perfectly ironed. Naomi stood up and straightened his clothes, dusting off his shoulders and neatening his hair. When she deemed him ready to go, they walked outside and got into the slate gray car parked in the driveway and drove to the church.

When they arrived, people were already entering. A few other women came up to Naomi and started a conversation with her. She smiled at the people around her before turning back to her son and saying, "Castiel, why don't you go ahead inside and find us some seats? Make sure it's close to the front, so that your father can see us."

Castiel nodded and said in a dull tone, "Yes, mother." He walked into the church as Naomi stayed outside to talk to the others.