Being the Enemy 3

"----'s dead!" I yelled, "He shot himself, he's been dead for months."

"Kenzie and I have enough evidence to prove otherwise," Dan replied quietly, "that's why we weren't home sooner, we were in the middle of nowhere in New Zealand." Dan stepped over to me as I bowed my head,

"I thought you were dead." I whispered as he rested his forehead on mine, "I hadn't heard for you in so long, not even on Christmas Day! I couldn't help but fear the worst."

"I'm sorry Em." He sighed, "I didn't want to go but I know how upset you've been without him."

"You left me, you didn't tell me where you where going, what you were doing. I have our two children that constantly are asking why their Dad isn't home for Christmas,"

I felt the hot tears running down my cheeks, "I have no option but to tell them that I don't know."

"Don't cry." Dan whispered wiping them away, "I am more sorry than you'll ever know."

In reply I just sniffed.

With a squeeze of my hands and a kiss on the cheek Dan stepped away from me,

"Come and find me when you've forgiven me." He whispered before walking away, as he went I gazed after him, had I ever suggested that I wanted him to leave?

I knelt down in the snow and scraped a handful of the white powder together before lunging it at Dan's back.

"I never said I wanted you to go!" I shouted as Dan turned back to face me, "I do still love you." I added in a quieter voice.

"And I love you." Dan sighed as he came over and wrapped his arms around me as out lips found each other's and we were suddenly in a passionate kiss.

"I was never cross with you." I pulled away just enough from Dan so my lips just brushed his as I spoke.

"Then what was with all the shouting?" Dan smiled.

"I was upset." I defended myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This scene is set some time shortly after Christmas!

I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year!