Part Two

"An early christmas present, sunshine." he answered back.

Opps. I said that aloud. (about how my wishes had come true)

"Adam, you remembered! I just can't believe it!" I exclaimed.

"I never break a promise, it's only you who does, " he teased. "So what happened Abigail? In two years, you have definitely changed."

"Well, to make this short and sweet, when you left, I only lasted a month. That month was when we were still calling, texting, and emailing. I was strong and nobody really bothered me. After you stopped, I felt alone, like I even was sitting alone at lunch. The lonliness got to me. I just slowly became the 'outsider'. Nobody talked to me or anything, I barely pulled through with sophomore year, my grades especially suffered. Why did you stop communicating with me? Why Adam? Did you know I was slowly rotting?"

"Abigail as a best friend, I never meant to hurt you. I just couldn't bring myself to communicate anymore. I missed you too much. Everytime you texted me about being sad or depressed or anxious, I felt it too. It was different being so far apart. When I was living near you, I could be there to be your crutch. Miles away, I was just a useless voice."

He paused and continued, "I knew you wouldn't last long, but I hoped you could make it through sophomore year. I was supposed to visit that summer, but things happened and I never had the chance to. I'm sorry, Abigail."

"No, I'm the one sorry, I always dragged you down. You could have been anything you wanted, you had the grades, the sport teams, and the coolness factor, yet you chose to be a best friend to a helpless girl." I paused and took a deep breath.

I continued, "That summer, I spent hours in my treehouse refusing to eat or speak to anyone. My parents never noticed, they never knew anything about their own daughter. I lost so much weight and cried, I was becoming anorexic. It eventually stopped because I had to go to school and I didn't want anyone to make fun of me. I regained the weight and actually felt good for once in my life. But then when school started the darkness flowed back in. It was like everyone had forgotten my name."

"Abigail, you need to reallize that people care. I care, I never forgot your name. You need to believe in yourself. You are strong, you just have to believe, Abigail."

"I know Adam, but I'm not the person you think I am. I need help, I need someone to be there. I can't do it alone."

"That's why I came back, but this isn't going to work unless, you try."

"Adam, do you really believe in me?"

"Yes, I do Abigail."

"Okay."