The Mistletoe Hex

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, J.K Rowling does.

Waking up, Harry slowly rose from his bed. Casting a quick tempus showed him it was barely 6 AM. After much thought he decided he might as well start his day early.

A quick shower later and and wearing his immaculate school robes he felt ready to face the day. Everything was fine until he remembered what he had to do today.
Nervousness seemed to seep into him. Today he would breakup with Ginny. After the whole war and everything happening she see was different, heck he was different. You just don't enter a war and expect everything to remain the same. Gone was the quick-witted girl who could insult any fool who dared cross her path, in her stead was a changed woman that was drifting away from their relationship.

She was his first girlfriend, so he wasn't exactly sure how he was supposed to tell her. They were now adults right? They could talk it out. Worst comes to worst he'd be cursed by her, but Madame Pomfrey could surely cure that. 

Oh, if he only knew...

'''''''

Entering the Great Hall he searched for Ginny, also taking in the Christmas decorations. He couldn't find her, so he simply reached the Gryffindor table and grabbed an apple. From his usual spot he could see the Slytherins laughing. He saw a flash of platinum blond hair before his attention was captured by Ginny entering the hall. Behind her were Hermione and Ron.

As soon as they reached the table Ron began to stuff food into his mouth. They simply rolled their eyes at him.

" Good morning, Harry." said Hermione.

"G'mhosnin 'arry." was what Ron managed to say.

"Don't speak with your mouth full!" scolded Hermione, and like usual they started to bicker.

Harry turned to Ginny and whispered, " Can we talk?" The small turn of his head signaling in private.

"Of course."

And with that they both left to the lake.

"What is it you wanted to tell me, Harry?"

A million things to say passed through Harry's mind and without beating around the bush he said the truth,

"I want to-uhh..break up with you.." It ended up sounding like a question.

"What?!?"

He restated what he had said with more confidence," I want to break up with you."

While at the start Ginny had looked close to tears now she looked plain mad, bordering furious.

"Why? No wait, I don't want to know. It's probably because of that Hufflepuff you were talking to last time, right?"

"What, no I..." He got interrupted by her.

"Don't try to deny it! I saw how you looked at her!"

"No, Ginny I.."

But it was too late an faster than he expected she took out her wand and shouted,

" Viscum incussus!"

With that Harry was left alone.
He huffed, so much for a mature talk between adults.
He didn't feel any different than usual. He decided to go to his room to make sure nothing had changed.

Reaching his room he found Dean and Seamus about to exit the room. He lightly bumped into Seamus. A bright light appeared on top of them and that's when his bloody brain decided to enlighten him. Didn't viscum mean mistletoe? ...shite