Chapter 21

sorry for not updating for such a long time! note: i will NOT be updating the stuff i uploaded recently until the end of BTG! thus, i'm still kind of keeping my promise! (:

oh, and i guess a picture of what i imagined Kimi to look like (yay)

happy reading, guys!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CHAPTER 21

When I enter the house, I am greeted with a slap to the face.

"Fukuyama-san!"

Mother wraps her fingers in Father's shirt as Junichi grabs my arm and pulls me away. He pushes me behind him and clenches his fist. "What are you doing, sir!? Even if you are her father, you can't just do that!"

I shut my mouth after realizing it had been dumbly open. To my shock, I had no time to react. I lightly brush my fingers against my cheek. It stings and radiates warmth, and I can almost feel the bruise beginning to surface. My head pounds as a seething anger deluges my senses. My fingers curl into a fist, ready to inflict pain upon the man who hurt my family. 

He did not have the right to do that. He should be begging for forgiveness right now. He's the one in the wrong. Why is he hitting me?

No, I can't act rashly. I bite my lip before I say something I regret, and look over Junichi's shoulder.

Father's face is scarlet, livid and furious, and his shoulders shake. His white chemise is unfolded at one of the collar and some buttons left undone, and gives him a disheveled, wild appearance. He almost looks feral as he glares at me, ignoring Junichi. "You!" he spits. "How dare you?"

I avoid his eyes and slip my hand into Junichi's, squeezing it tightly; if I don't, I feel like I'll explode from all of these emotions. I need to vent, to run, to fight. But I can't. I won't.

Junichi squeezes back reassuringly.

Father continues to scream. "First, you go the the East Sea without even thinking of asking for permission beforehand--"

Junichi's grip on my hand tighten as he retorts, "We texted you!"

"You texted me after you arrived!" he snarls. "I can't pull you back here when Suoh and Ootori expect you to accompany them! And do not interrupt me, Junichi! Do not forget what I have done for you and your father!"

That catches my attention. Junichi unclenches his fist and rigidly bends his neck in a terse bow. "I... apologize for my outburst, sir."

Father coughs. I glower at him-- that despicable man-- and ground out, "What have you done to Junichi, Father?"

He ignores my question and slams his fist against the wall. "Yuki, did you even think about how dangerous it could have been, to venture to such a faraway place without informing me? And to a beach, no less! Are you an idiot? Is your head only useful as a decoration?"

"Fukuyama-san," Mother whispers, tugging on his shirt again. I'd almost forgotten she was there. Her eyes are rimmed with a swollen red. "Enough."

Father quiets down immediately as she treads toward me. "Stay here," she says. 

I blink at the sudden change in topic. "What?"

"You heard her," he says in a calm manner, as if the surge of emotions earlier were only a dream. "You are to stay here, in the house, for as long as it takes for Kimi to be restored to us."