Best "friends".

Two hours had past and Hermione had done nothing but sob and weep, declining help from fellow Gryffindor's that filled the buzzing Common Room. Harry and Ginny were nowhere to be seen and Ron remained im his dormitory.

                              ***

Hermione sat near the fire, watching the flickering flames, crisping and popping like fireworks. A single tear tolled down her tear stained face, she sniffed and shook her head, disappointed with herself.

                                  ***

"Hermione?" A warm, familiar voice came from behind her.

She turned to see Harry standing behind her, dressed in his Gryffindor Quidditch kit.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed excitedly, before springing to her feet and hugging Harry tightly. "How was practice?" She said, grabbing onto him as if she hadn't seen him for years.

"...It was great, thanks. Have you been crying? What's that git done to you now?" Harry hugged her one handed, gripping his broom tightly in the other.

"N-Nothing. I'm just being silly." She let go of him. Sniffing and forcing a smile, she dusted herself off and sat back down.

"Hermione, come on. What's he done?" Harry sat beside her, placing his broom carefully on the carpet beneath them.

"Harry, I think he was trying to tell me what I've wanted to tell him for a long time. Obviously, I could be wrong, but I think he might have been trying to tell me how he feels about me...." She sighed, before continuing, "Why didn't he? Why couldn't he? What did I do wrong?" She began to cry gently into her hands, shaking as she did so.

"What? No, Hermione, you've done nothing wrong. You know what Ron's like. He's a right tosser sometimes. He's never been good with girls." Harry comforted her, resting her head on his shoulder and stroking her hair before kissing her head. "Remember when he tried to ask Fleur out?" He smirked slightly.

Hermione nodded, Harry's jumper sodden with her ice cold tears.

"But Harry, you know perfectly well how I feel about him. He couldn't say it. It killed me. He just stormed off and ran upstairs. He's been gone hours!"  Tears still streaming down her face, she sat up. "I'm in love with him. I always have been. I always will be." She sighed, catching her breath and wiping her face.

"Do you seriously think I don't know that? He might be being thick about it, but it's obvious. In everything. Especially the way you look at him." Harry smiled at her warmly.

"Really?" Hermione sniffed.

                               ***

Harry entered the boys dormitory, to see Dean and Neville playing with a deck of Muggle playing cards.

"Either of you seen Ron?"

The two shook their heads, "He's been gone a few hours, dunno where he went." said Dean, concentrating on the game of cards set in front of him

"Hm, alright." Harry looked puzzled, he pulled off his jumper and hung it on the radiator, before sitting down his bed and taking off his shoes.

                             ***

Hermione made her way down the stairs, carrying her wand and a few books. Parvati Patel was waiting for her at the bottom of the staircase.

"Hi, Hermione!" Parvati exclaimed excitedly, "Are you alright? You seemed a bit down earlier."

Hermione smiled, "Oh, I'm fine, thank you. Honestly, don't worry about me... Did you revise?"

"I tried to. Although, it didn't go-" Parvati was interrupted by a gruff voice, coming from the top of the staircase.

"Hermione!" the voice exclaimed, "Oi!"

The girls turned to see Ron running down the stairs, holding a small, tear shaped bottle.

Parvati turned looking at the him, Hermione however, recognised the voice and kept on walking. Parvati grabbed her shoulder and forced Hermione round to turn to face him.  "What is it, Ronald?" said Hermione, rolling her eyes slightly.

Ron stopped on a step, taking a huge gulp of the strange liquid. "Bloody hell, Hermione, don't be so narky." He came to the bottom of the stairs, shoving the now half empty bottle into his pocket.

"Was that... Felix Felicis in that bottle?" Parvati gestured softly to Ron's pocket.

"N-No," Ron rubbed the back of his neck "Of course not."

Hermione raised an eyebrow, reaching for his pocket and grabbing the bottle.

"Oi!" Ron exclaimed, his face flushing.

"Liquid Luck? What on earth for?" Hermione said, examining the bottle carefully. "I thought you said the test didn't mean anything? It's only a piece of paper after all." Hermione snarled sarcastically.

"I never said it was for the test." Ron took the bottle out of her hand, placing in back in his pocket.

Parvati cleared her throat, "Hermione, I should go, Snape will kill me if I'm late again."

"Okay. Good luck, Parvati." Parvati waved and walked away,  Hermione smiled warmly at her before turning back to Ron.

                              ***

"Go on, then. What's it for? Have you come to apologise? Because it's a bit late for that. You'll be needing a lot more Liquid Luck for it to work."

"Hermione, honestly. Give me a chance. I know I don't deserve it, but I've got something to tell you. I was proper pissed off with myself yesterday. I was a right wimp and I'm sorry." He gulped and took her hands in his.

"Let go of me, Ron."

"No. This is important."

Hermione sighed, "Well, go on then. Say it."

Ron became tense, but this time was able to fight it.

"Hermione, the truth is..." He tightened his grip, gulped and looked into her eyes. Hermione's expression changed, a smile creeping upon her face, she leant towards him, shutting her eyes and kissed him tenderly. Ron pulled away quickly, his face flushed red.

"Bloody hell, Hermione!"

"What?!" She giggled slightly "Sorry, I had to. Neither of us have ever been good at expressing our feelings."

He smirked slightly. "At least let me finish."

"Sorry, Ronald." She blushed, looking into his eyes.

"You're.... You're like my ball of little ball of light."

Hermione giggled, "Pardon?"

He took one of his hands and placed in on her cheek. "I..... I'm-in-love-with-you." Ron's rushed words embarrassed him. "I'm sorry. Bloody messed it up, again."

"No," Hermione shook her head, smiling. "You didn't at all. And do you know what? You drive me mad, you frustrate me beyond belief, but, I love you, too." She kissed him again, for longer this time, passion filling her, she began to kiss him harder, her breath becoming heavy.

                          ***