Chapter 1: My Pride

"I, Hannah Everdeen, vow to fight my opponents with the force of the odds," I swore.

   "Everdeen," there was a long pause and then he resumed," I believe you know that you are putting your life at the very most risk?"

   "Yes, is that not why I vowed?" I questioned daringly, not trying to stare into his beady little eyes.

   Snow chuckled and sat up in his rocking chair. He looked at me as if I were a stupid bird caught in a tree.

   "You dare challenge me, young lady!" he replied in such a manner." Think of it, to challenge me! Why, I am Snow- President Snow!"

   That is when I lost it. I completely lost my patience with Snow. I was tired of him always trying to control  everyone. I swiftly pulled out my dagger and held it forcefully against his chest daring to wound him. He looked shocked, but then just to realize he was mocking me. He wheezed and panted to try to laugh at me.

   "Oh, Miss Everdeen! You are quite like your mother!" he mocked.

   "Don't you ever speak of my mother!" I threatened." You have nothing to do with her. Look, Snow, you can't just make everyone your puppets, you can't make the world spin on your finger tips. You can't brainwash us. We are different. You can't control us!

   "Oh, but I can," he said stepping out the door of the cotttage, " May the odds be ever in your favor, Hannah."

   Closing the door, I had to think a little longer. I dod not like the form of government in my district- District 12 to be exact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for reading!