HALO KISS - teaser!

Halo Kiss

By Dina Bresnen 

Prologue

Legend say that the beginning of The Great War, Earth stood as the battleground between angels and demons. 

Innocent human's blood soaked into the rich earthy soil as demon's descended upon humanity and destroyed everything within their sight, the Lord's beloved children dying excrutiating deaths in the millions as the Demon Lord's wreaked agonizing havock upon the world. 

Legend say that you could hear the cries of children for miles around as their parents were slaughtered before them, the bodies of friendly neighbours inhibited and hosted by such foul creatures, allowing them to walk the earth once again. 

And then a miracle happened. 

Three golden stars fell from the black sky above and in a burst of bright golden light, their powerful wings fanned out as the three mighty angel's split up like shooting stars.

A blinding white light lit up the whole of the world in its darkness as more shooting stars appeared in brilliant white sky, following the golden star as though it were the sun. 

The archangel Michael, commander of the Lord's army, descended from the heavens with his two faithful brothers Gabriel and Raphael, followed by a fierce army of angels behind them, clad in golden armour. 

It is said that in the days that marked The Great War, were ones that could never be explained. Demon's and angels battled to the death, rivers of blood running to the shores, bodies piling up in the most shocking of ways. 

It was weeks, maybe months, before archangel Michael got the upper end of the war and, along with his two brothers and his army, managed to force Lucifer and the other demon lords back into the hungry pits of hell again where they belonged. 

 But the war was far from over, millions of demons roamed the earth possessing easily seduced humans, eating their souls and using their bodies to host their own essence. 

Legend says that the demons became smarter at hiding themselves in their hosts, controlling their behaviours to the minimum of casualties, so not to alert the angels. For the angels could still see them for what they truely were. 

And as the weeks turned into years and rolled on to centuries, humanity began salvaging themselves from The Great War with the help of the angels, the demons all but extinct of the earth once again. 

The archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael divided the earth between themselves and kept a small army of the stongest and most trusted angels to assist with the reaping of the remaining demons housed in the human flesh. 

As centuries passed, people whispered about the effects The Great War had upon the remaining angels. They spoke of how the almighty beings became harsher towards humanity, more agressive in battle.  

Humans became fixated on the angels, tracking their every move in detailed accounts. Newspapers would snap photos of them and spread them across their pages, news crews haunted the skies for their fix of the divine ones to plaster all over TV. 

But never once would the humans approach them as they once had millions of years ago. Because now, the angels had a fierce look of haunting death in their eyes. No longer were the angel's pure of heart. 

Once, you could hear the angel's laughter as they flew curious children in the air. Now, the world was silent in its angelic laughter, split between the sins of hell and the purity of the heavens above.