6

As per usual to avoid more bruises Joe snuck out of his house on Monday, jumping out of his window. It wasn't the most safe royte- actually scratch that. It is the most safe route. Because Joe is able to completely avoid his father that way.

Liam drove Joe to school usually but parked a few houses done since they couldn't be seen by Joe's dad.

How does Joe get back in you ask?

Well his father is usually at work during the time period. Yes he does work. He isn't a broken acholholic, he actually lives a decent life.

Has a job, has a girlfriend, does go to the bar a few times a week (every other day).

And a side of abuse to top it all off!

As Liam's car becomes in sight Joe notices an unfamiliar boy sitting in the passenger seat.

"Hey Joe!" Liam says as the younger boy approaches the car and smiles, "Hey! Who's this?" Joe asks curiously.

The boy had light brown hair that was styled nicely. He wore a black leather jacket with a burgundy shirt underneath and black skinny jeans. He was tall, and looked very friendly. Definitely someone Joe could get along with.

"This is Parker! My boyfriend!" Liam answers excitedly, grinning at 'Parker'.

Liam came out as bi when he was in his softmore year (he's currently a senior) but has never had a boyfriend. The last time he dated was a long term relationship with a girl named Corinne. But they ended it six months ago.

"Oh cool! Nice to meet you Parker!" Joe says, reaching out to shake the boy's hand.

"You too!" Parker answers sweetly.

Joe opens the door to enter the second row i the car and sets his bag down in the seat next to him.

"Joe..." Liam says uncertainly, looking at him through the rear mirror.

"Yea?" Joe answers.

"What happen..."

Confused, all Joe can say is, " What do you mean?"

"Look at yourself! You're a reck!" Liam says harshly, but not in a rude mannor.

"Shit" The younger boy says under his breath, forgetting he had visible cuts and brusies on his face and arms.

"Joe, did he...-" Liam asks, cutting himself off short but obviously meaning Joe's dad.

"Yea..." Joe answers, seeing no point in denying it.

Parker just looks at them with a confused expression, "I'll tell you later." Lism promises before starting the car.