Chapter Two

Jasmine's (Jaz) P.O.V

I sat stunned, I firmly kept my gaze locked on Dimitri. We locked eyes, his looked nervous. Giving him a thumbs up for good luck, I smiled, mentally cheering him on. All while I was doing this, I felt Xavier's eyes on me. I kept my eyes away from him, not wanting to see the disgust that would surely be present on his face. I instead, focused on the alpha's deep baritone voice, declaring the role an alpha must take to preserve his pack. The Alpha, Xavier's father, was, and still is, a just and caring leader. He is loyal to us, his pack, and shows his love for us all in the action he takes as alpha. However, like any leader, he ruled with an iron fist, which further helped us to gain numbers and land. I just hope that Xavier can be as caring and loyal to his pack as his father was. I was brought out of my musings, by clapping, looking up, I started clapping for Xavier and Dimitri, our new alpha and beta.

Watching my brother, he had the biggest smile on his face. Looking to my father, I could see the pride in his eyes, he believed that Dimitri would be a great beta, and I would follow in that belief. Walking towards the stage, I avoided Xavier as much as possible, trying not to look at him or touch him, knowing the effects he would have on me.

"Congratulations!" I stated, like a five year old, trying, and failing to squeeze the life out of Dimitri. Chuckling, he wrapped his large arms around me, stating his gratitude whilst swinging me around in the hug. congratulatory wishes came from both our parents, followed with crying from our mother and a proud beaming smile from our father. Once the hysterics were over with, we followed Dimitri into the pack house. Where the kitchen table was filled to the brim with food of all sorts, along with the kitchen islands and benches. We werewolves are notorious for our appetites, especially considering the male wolves.

My mother and I were just happy with a little bit of salad, a burger and a handful of fries. We ate, with a bit of small talk, mostly about Dimitri and his new role in beta. It was then that Xavier's mother and sister joined our conversation, to which we bid our congratulations and commented on how Xavier will take his new role as alpha. Xavier's sister, Joanna, was a year older than my 18 years, she had brown hair, that fell in tight curls to the small of her back, accompanied with a pair of glittering storming grey eyes, tanned skin, with a small spattering of freckles along her button nose. High cheek bones which accentuated her pouted lips. She was a gorgeous girl with a fun personality. We were great friends and often were seen hanging out together around the pack lands. Xavier's mother, Luna Kimberly, had passed her long curly brown hair to her daughter, this was accompanied by deep sapphire eyes, with flecks of sky blue dancing within them. Her skin was paler than her daughters and had a light brush of freckles along her high cheek bones, which also accentuated her full lips.

"How is your mate doing, Joanna?" I asked. Joanna's mate was beta of the Blood Rose pack, a five hour drive from our pack lands, and the closest pack near us in a hundred mile radius.

"Ashton is doing fine, thank you, he has been busy with the increasing amount of rogues, but I'm fortunate enough to that he let me come to Xavier and Dimitri's ceremony. He was apprehensive about me coming around the last few days, but I fought him tooth and nail to be here, I was not about to miss this for the world, and plus I missed my best friend!" We both had a little bit of a chuckle at the end of her little speech. I had missed her too, the pack wasn't the same without her bubbly personality within the pack house.

"How about you? Have you found your mate yet?" She questioned, my heart stopped and my wolf howled with me to go to my mate. Joanna seeing this, gained a mischievous smile on her face. Teasingly bumping my shoulder with her own, she pushed me in the general direction of the pack. Stumbling to catch my footing. I throw a half-hearted glare over my shoulder, hearing her chuckle, I curse her underneath my breath, and set off to find Xavier.