Paola and Zayn :D

Paola sat comfortably on the small sofa as Zayn walked over to the TV, putting in one of Paola’s favourite chick-flicks. Zayn smiled and walked back to the sofa with a grin on his face. They always had movie nights on Fridays and today was no exception.

            Since Zayn got to choose the movie last week, it was Paola’s turn. Zayn always dreaded her week because that meant chick flicks, sappy movies and movies about animals. Tonight Paola picked “Dear John,”. The movie started and went by quickly, because she had only seen it a bunch of times.

            Once the movie ended, Paola got up quickly and went to the washroom. She gently dried her eyes and wiped the mascara from her cheeks. Walking back into the room she saw Zayn standing in the living room “Why do you always cry, you know what happens.” Giggled Zayn as he removed the DVD from the player.

“Very funny.” Glared Paola with a hint of sarcasm.

            Paola and Zayn have been close friends for a long time, even before the X-Factor. She would consider him her best friend. But lately she had seeing him differently, more than just best friend. She truly loved him, but was too afraid to tell him in fear that she might ruin one of the best friendships she has. She could never tell him.

            Zayn walked back to the living room and plopped down beside Paola, making the sofa cushions bounce. It was still early and she didn’t need to leave for a while. Zayn came up with an idea to play “Truth or Dare?” Although Paola hated this game, she wasn’t about to say no without playing a little bit.

“Fine” surrendered Paola “You go first.”

“Ok, truth or dare?” questioned Zayn with a cheeky smile.

“Um, dare.” Grinned Paola as she grabbed a handful of popcorn from the coffee table.

“Oh, risky.” Joked Zayn as he ran to the kitchen returning with slice of tomato “Eat this.”

Paola made a face, finally grabbing the tomato and pushing it into her mouth. Quickly she reached for her water on the table. “That was gross, don’t ever make me do that again.” Joked Paola “My turn, truth or dare?”

“Truth” challenged Zayn.

Before Paola could think of what she was saying, she blurted out “What’s your honest opinion of me?”

“That’s easy,” exclaimed Zayn “You are truly one of my prettiest friends, and I honestly don’t understand why you don’t have a boyfriend. You’re just the sweetest girl.”

“Aw, that’s sweet.” Blushed Paola as she tried to hide her face in embarrassment.

“Truth or dare?” asked Zayn, picking at the bowl of popcorn on his lap.

“Hmm, I’ll pick truth.” Answered Paola “I’m not eating anything else.”

“What are your feeling about me?” questioned Zayn with a smile.

“Ummm.” Thought Paola out loud “Honestly?” Zayn nodded, mouth full of popcorn. “I really like you, border-lining on love. Always have, since the moment I meet you.”

            Blushing, Paola got up from the sofa and headed towards the door. Before she could leave Zayn grabbed her arm and twirled her around so she was facing him. She looked down with embarrassment, only for Zayn to lift her head so she was staring into his gorgeous brown eyes. With a small smile, he reached down and softly kissed her for a few moments. As the pulled away Paola had a shocked look on her face, this didn’t last long before she pulled him back in for a stronger, more meaningful kiss. As the stepped back, Zayn could see a sparkle in Paola’s dark brown eyes. She was smiling with not only her lips but with her eyes, and that’s what Zayn loved about her.