Chapter 2

-Hermione-

I snapped up, I hadn´t expected any sound anytime soon. Sure I woke him up, I had been loud enough.

Nicely done, sweetheart.

Yes haha, stupid me, waking him up most certainly wasn´t my intention and my voice didn´t make me feel any better. Straight up I was sitting in my bed, shivering now not of fear but of cold. Another shriek escaped my lips as he suddenly jumped out of bed, landing right in front of me with a muffled noise.

“Damn it Granger! Chill out already, it´s just me!”, Draco said through gritted teeth, obviously trying to keep his voice down and somehow lifted his hands in defeat.

Just then I noticed that I was pointing my wand at him, close to his throat. My hand was trembling and my heart beat more painful than before.

“Lower your wand”, I heard him saying but it was muffled as a pounding sound inside of my ears put everything else in cotton.

I must have been staring at him because his grey eyes stared back into mine. They looked so cold and dangerous, yet there was something in them that gave them a warm flicker. I had never noticed the bluish shine in his mostly grey eyes and the dark accents around his pupil. They were almost beautiful-

“Lower your wand, mudblood!”, he spat, roughly slapping down my hand and with that snapping me out of my trance.

Still shaking I rose from my bed, holding my wand tight in my hand, and walked past Draco. He seemed astonished by my reaction but he didn´t say anything. I didn´t mind either. Actually I was thankful he didn´t ask why I was even screaming, luckily he was cold enough for that. Quietly I walked out of the tent, silently sitting down next to Harry.

“Hermione”, he said bewilderedly and as he spoke, his breath froze in the air, leaving a tiny cloud of dust that after a few seconds faded away in the darkness of the night.

I didn´t answer him, I was too tired to do so. I just cuddled under the blanket with him, resting my head against his shoulder. To my luck Harry accepted my silent actions and slightly leaned his head against mine.

“Are you feeling okay?”, Harry whispered after moments and moments of silence.

“Yes, yes I´m fine”, I replied silently, trying to steady my voice while speaking.

“You still seem kinda weak, are you sure you don´t-“

“No Harry, I told you what happened at Malfoy Manor. I´m just tired”

“They starved you, it´s just normal you´re weaker than usual”, Harry stated worriedly.

I knew he was just worried and that it was obvious I didn´t feel quite well but I didn´t want to bother him or Ron with details.

“I´m fine”, I simply answered, closing my eyes in attempt to sleep.

Here we go again.

I didn´t know if it was because of the images that immediately flooded into my mind or because of the conversation Harry, Ron and I had had at least once a day. It had been three days now that I was finally reunited with my friends. I had been captured by some snatchers and spent four days at Malfoy Manor. Quickly I shook off the memories and opened my eyes again. I shivered as the cold made its way through the blanket and my clothes.

“Get inside Mione, get warm and sleep”, Harry said caringly, feeling me shiver against his shoulder.

I nodded although I really didn´t want to leave his side just yet and gave him a warm smile before I stood up and went back inside. When I walked past Ron´s and Harry´s room, I heard Ron still snoring constantly, making me smile instantly. Silently I walked back into Draco´s and my room. Yes, we two were sharing a room as there were only two and Ron and Harry both refused to live with him. However I knew that they secretly liked the idea of humiliating him by being forced to sleep in one room with a muggleborn.