Nine

As soon as I stop my car in front of my building, I immediately step out of the car to find Flynn anxiously making his way towards me—gripping hard onto his phone in his right hand and a file in the other

          As soon as I stop my car in front of my building, I immediately step out of the car to find Flynn anxiously making his way towards me—gripping hard onto his phone in his right hand and a file in the other. His eyes are drifting up to my face and down to my suit, making sure I'll be looking presentable for the meeting.

          ''Flynn,'' I stop walking to see his eyes widening as he turns to look at me, ''Did you have lunch?'' I ask, leaving him glancing down at his wrist watch before shaking his head, slowly. Both of his eyes are looking back at me yet it's as if he's too afraid of making an eye contact.

         ''I had to finish your work and I had to prepare the meeting,'' He replies before glancing down at his wrist watch, again. ''Mr. Ashton, is there something wrong? You're ten minutes late and people are already waiting for you to start the meeting,'' He continues to speak.

          Within seconds, I've already reached out for a fifty dollar bill in my wallet before putting it in his hand which causes him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. ''Do me a favour and spend that money on food,'' I say as he stands still, utterly speechless. ''Fully spend it. I don't accept changes.'' Then, I make my way towards the elevator after patting onto his shoulder, leaving him standing there, all by himself.

          ''But . . . Mr. Ashton!'' He turns to run after me.

          I raise my right hand to wave at him as the elevator doors close, taking me to the floor I needed to be. Just as I walk down the hall, my employees are already making their way to do their work instead of chatting and talking to the other workers. Both of their eyes stare at me with respect as they let out a deep sigh, as soon as I've passed.

          ''Mr. Ashton, you're late.'' One of my employees say, pushing the door open for me as I am greeted by twelve gentlemen who had waited for my arrival.

          ''No. They were early,'' I reply before making my way towards my seat, gesturing for Oliver; the one who is presenting the company's stocks to begin. The lights are being turned off as he starts to talk, pointing at the screen up front—showing the amount of stocks have risen from last month which is an improvement.

         Everyone are paying attention to the screen, not bothered to interrupt Oliver's explanation on making our stocks to rise even higher starting from next month. His explanation seems to have pulled me in for further interest, ''In my opinion, this can lessen the risk and then, we can have a better income. When the stocks rise, the percentage will, too.'' He says, nodding.

          ''What about our finance company in Australia?'' I ask, causing him to stop talking, immediately. People are turning to look at me before turning to look at Oliver again, who seemed to be caught in between—he clears his throat, trying to figure out an explanation.

          ''Their money currency, uh,'' He stops talking, ''We haven't figured out further details about the company in Australia as it is being handled by your brother, Alain Ashton. He has kept the financial details to himself and it has not yet been shared,'' He adds, making me nod.