Don't

Merissa was in her bedroom getting ready for a shower. She walked over to the curtains and closed them. At that moment the phone rang. She ran to answer it. It was a man with a raspy voice.

"Don't close the curtains," the man said.

Thinking it was just her brother playing a trick on her she hun up, telling him to leave her alone. Merissa finished her shower, turned off the lights and the phone ran again. She quickly answered it, it was the same voice.

"Don't turn the lights off," he said.

"Leave me alone!" she screamed, slamming down the phone. She slipped into her bed and was about to fall asleep when the phone ran. She debated whether to answer it and decided on yes, it could be important. She picked up the phone from her bedside table and held it  her ear, feeling scared.

"Don't turn off the lights," the same man said in that raspy voice, he laughed malevolently and then hung up. 

Merissa took it away from her ear and looked at it, she felt lie she was being watched. She thought nothign of it before but now she was scared. She dialled 111 and waited for the voice.

"Hello, what's your emergency?" A woman asked.

"There's someone watching me and calling me, saying strange things. I don't know where they are but there's someone here."

"Ok, just calm down. What is your address?"

"17 Lungfield Avenue."

"Ok, police are on their way."

Merissa hung up the phone but it immediately rung again. Thinking it was the police she answered.

"Don't ring the police," said the same raspy voice.

But Merissa wasn't listening. She grabbed a knife from the kitchen and hid it in the closet, waiting for the police to come. Outside she heard the phone ring, it rang and rang. The answer machine beeped and the raspy voice screamed through the speaker.

"Don't turn AROUND!" and laughed the most evil laugh Merissa had ever heard.

The police rushed up the drive of Merissa's house, their guns at the ready. They banged on the door but there was no answer. A policeman stepped forward and catapulted his foot forward, knocking the door to the ground. As soon as they entered the house they were hit with a horrible metallic smell. They followed the scent and found a horrible sight. There, lying on the floor was the mangled body of Merissa, body and carpet soaked in blood. There was a camera and tape recorder on her chest. A policeman pressed the play button on the camera. The footage that followed was all of Merissa. Taking a shower, turning the lights off and every time the phone rang and a voice came through, telling her not to do something. When the footage ended the police could not figure who it was. They moved on to the recorder and pressed the button. A man's raspy voice played out.

"Don't try to find me," and then the most evil laugh they had ever heard.