Nude

No One is naked

I looked at the tv, holding my pillow tightly, not that it was really helping keeping my mind off, other things. I had been hidden in my room all month long, dragging myself out for things for school and Clinicals, but I went no where else very willingly. It was hard to happy, when I couldn't see my feet or my dog. I had a hard time saying that, I heaved sometimes when I had thoughts of Oreo, and how someone killed my dog, and how my husband had the nerve to tell me it was an accident, Vincent looked me in the eye and told me that. That it had been a hunting accident by our neighbors who live so far that I have never even seen their driveway, how did they manage to shot my dog? I wanted to ask questions, but who was I going to ask? I also didn't know what to ask. Between all the money to be made in Vincent circle I knew that, Oreo was the least of his concerns.

My mother had come for a while, but she had to leave shortly after due to her own work, she was baking cakes these days. I was happy for her, Sierra came down and spoiled me for a while, but my super hot model best friend didn't have time either, Bella was due soon and was on bed rest, and so I went to sit with her when I could perk up enough to smile, she really didn't need any of my negative energy bringing her or the baby sorrows. So there I was at home in bed.

The door cracked open and I could hear Katherines Voice, "Miss, Senior Corta said to prepare for tonight, you will be having company" I looked up at her she was holding a gown in it's wrapping and it was a tan color, that was long and covering for them look of it. I layed back down, since Oreo passed Vincent had a stream of people he had come to the house. It was unlike him, but I didn't say anything not anynore, She came in and put it down, "He said to be ready by eight, the ladies will be here at six" with a cort nod she left the room. I instintivly reached for Oreo, only to drop my head and my hand ball my fist into the sheets. Oreo was gone. He was dead, and I would never hold him again or spill my sorrows again or be comforted by him again.

Closing my eyes, tightly, I could see it all over, Vincent looking me dead in my eyes after carrying me to my room setting me on the bed. "Lisa" he said harsher than I assumed he thought it was. I looked up at him, "he's dead". He nodded, "The neighbors called, they shot him while hunting". I covered my mouth as tears streamed down, i inhaled harshly listening to him. "He sends his apologies, Lisa, it was an accident" he concluded coldly. I looked at him, shaking my head, "I don't believe you". For a second his eyes darkened then they stilled and soften, he took a step towards me then stopped, "I have to much to do, to console you over a dog, Lisa, I'll buy you another damn dog" he said. "I don't" I said softly, clutching the bedspread that was still wild from last night. He fixed his suite jacket, "Go to the doctor and check on the baby, you need to be more carful" he said. "Or I might end up like Oreo a hunting accident" I said meeting his eyes. He gritted his teeth, "Lisa, that damn dog is nothing compared to what I could do. Remember that" Surprisingly his words, had no effect. I knew he had alot of power, but I didn't know just how much.

Blinking, I sat up going to the bathroom, before showering, I washed my hair and threw on my robe just as a knock at the door, they came in and did my hair and makeup. I slipped into my dress, and was a charming wife that was showing off his off spring, but I had notice the importance of each person who actually was allowed over that threshold. I seemed so stupid to everyone who had access to our private life, who knew that the sweetest smile was fake. It was funny sometimes, I thought I heard them laugh at me when I walked past, but they never seem to move, but I didn't care. Because the sad reality was, Vincent and I was Husband and Wife, with only one thing in common. The only thing that gripped and bound me to him. Something I would never give him, and I would never let him take from me.