Now that 's love but would you return the favor?

About a month passed and I still hadn't asked. One day my mom came home while I was siting at the kitchen table , it was the first thing you saw when you entered our home. I did not share a good relationship with Janine( my mother) she tried really hard but I thought the whole thing was fake she saw me as either a liability or something to her convenience.

She was nice to me when she wanted something or was just trying to show me what a good mother she was, which she wasn't. Since I was a child she made me pay for most things on my own, if I wanted food when she was on her way home she would say yes and bring three boxes ( because there was typically no food home) one box for her, one box for my dad and one for me. Here is the catch she would make me refund her for my box but she never said I had to pay beforehand.

Then at the end of the month or so she would pelt a parcel in front of my door , literally I would hear it bang on my door, it usually had something essential like a new pair of underwear or shampoo and conditioner and then say " saw what I got for you , don't you have the best mom?". In front my friends she would be cherry and mix them cocktails make them anything they want to eat ask them to stay longer and come again. So my friends would say she's not as bad as you describe her but most of them know the truth.

I rolled my eyes at the sound of the door opening, " heyyyy J " she exclaimed fakely as ever I responded with the same expression and fake enthusiasm. She dove right into the conversation as always, as if she had no people skills or training, " So why didn't you tell me about the cruise with Mia and Sian" ( Sian is Mia's mom). I was really trying not to argue with Janine recently because she thought I was an " insolent ungrateful rat". So with my least rude response I said " well its not like you guys would pay for it so I never asked" while heading to the fridge so she couldn't read the frustration on my face.

" Well you are damn right I am not paying for you to have a vacation" she snapped. I stared in the fridge I just wanted to pelt a jar of something at her , did she need to respond like that damn it and she said I was the rude one well duh bitch where did you think I got it from. I decided to turn around for this answer " Exactly so what's the problem ?" "Well Siam said that she and Marlon would be happy to pay for you." she said right off the bat.

My heart sort of sank to my stomach, Mia's parents were very well off financially, mine were too but at the moment my dad's business was struggling and my mother decided to work 3 part time jobs and was making less than a third of her previous salary.

That in itself annoyed me because those part time jobs had her home at least 4 days for the week, she had her MBA and said she liked being flexible but to me it was being lazy. She did twice the amount of work from home for less. But boasted about lecturing , consulting and being on a government sponsored board of chair people or something. She received 10 to 20 thousand a month from my dad for consulting for his company, when three of us knew she did nothing for his company but rob them.

In addition to this she could never pay her 60 thousand dollar credit card bills and begged my father to pay them for her, she didn't pay the bills and my dad's company sponsored her gas. My dad also paid for the maintenance of cars she got into accidents with. So where was her money from her three reputedly eminent jobs going ? I sighed aloud. " Would you ever pay something like that for Mia ? " I asked, I already knew she was going to give me the automated of course answer. But I didn't ask for the answer I was trying to prove a point to her so she can think about it to herself.

" If we could afford it of course " she replied within two seconds. " Well I don't think you would and quite frankly I don't think it's fair and I would feel bad for them paying for me like some charity case, having parents who can afford self vacations for no reason but not for her daughter" I snapped while walking into my room and shutting the door. On top of all that money my dad spent on her he gave her a ticket to Miami for thanksgiving day and spending money. For what ; because she wanted to.

I couldn't get how she could be so selfish I'm sure she wanted to take the offer up without a thought. I couldn't do it without thinking that she would never do the same for Mia, it was unfair to me. when my father arrived home I could hear my mother telling him about Aunt Sian's offer and that they would give me spending money.

They held what I call the unnecessary conference , it's where we sit down and act all proper and it's usually for something informal, the trip was discussed, they called Sian to make sure ( that they didn't have to pay) and decided I could go. I was mostly happy especially since my dad said he would use his miles for the flight to Miami and back, cutting the cost for Sian. And so it was final, I was going, I was so excited I called Derick and told him and of course he was like all why do you have to go I will miss you so much. Didn't he know I would miss him too? We practically saw each other every day so it was obviously going to be difficult.

As I got off the phone another thing dawned on me, I would need swimsuits from Victoria Secrets! I rushed to the laptop and started scanning the clearance and sale sections. I had about two weeks until Mother dearest was going to Miami for thanksgiving which was ample time for the swimsuits to ship on time. It would be cheaper that way because it was killer expensive to ship to the Caribbean, and they don't ship to your door like in the states,you have to go to the port and pay at least 100 dollars extra to clear it. I phoned my grandma and told her I decided what I wanted for my birthday/Christmas gift, she kept harassing me to decide because my birthday had been two or three weeks ago. She said she would give me her credit card and I could use 100 usd , as you can guess I spent all on gorgeous swimsuits, I'm a real bargain girl so I got the most for my money, ten pieces at 100!