Insight-

"Violet." he chuckled darkly. "Violent. They're so similar yet so different. The words only differing by one letter, one a color, one an act, a way of being. Looking at you now, they're even more similar than ever. They are," he paused sharply inhaling and an erie smile spreading across his face, "becoming one my dear. Violet looks violent. Violent looks violet. Violet is the color of violence."

He stops yet again to stroke my bruised cheek, I can only try to zone out and not think about the pain or the fact he's touching me in general.

He whispers in my ear, "Violet, I'm going to take such good care of you. Even though you fucked up. We just needed to get rid of the filth surrounding you. We were supposed to go early this morning to burn down your flat and that nasty Nathan along with it. I had already called your boss yesterday explaining that you would be needing a transfer and to take your vacation time, because I knew how you hate phone calls, so I did it for you. We were all ready to go.... if only you didn't flake on us. Again."

I began to cry, tears streaming out of both of my eyes unmoving. He called my boss, probably broke in and packed some of my things, was going to burn down my fucking flat. No one would even know I was missing, that he had me. Michael turned my face by grabbing me by my jaw, so I would face him as I stared blankly ahead still. He then spoke as he looked into my eyes frowning, "I can see the fear in your eyes dear. I wish you wouldn't cry. I promise your punishment won't be too bad. You still came after all, It would be so much worse if I had to come chase after you Violet. You know that don't you?"

I nodded solemnly, "Yes sir."

He smiled widely again, "Good. Now get in the back Violet. You've lost your driving privileges I'm afraid." I moved instantly as flawlessly as I could manage afraid if I accidentally kicked or hit something he would take it as a threat. Then I sat back down in the middle and awaited his next move.