Soul Sunder Black (Preview)

It's dark. I can hear a loud alarming sound. It isn't calling me its threatening me. I can hear threats. I can hear?

                                                    Chapter 1  

                                           Bare mind, Bear body.

The sound of wolves nearby echoes in his mind. Breaking the surface tension of unconscious state like rain drops in a pond. The calm of the water broken by stimuli. More and more drops of sound faster and faster . He is now reminiscent of the emptiness of the unconscious state he felt before. The calm before the storm so to speak. The calm before the storm that the world would come to know as Tachi.

Sound? What is that annoying noise Tachi wonders. It sounds like "GGRRR" . And before Tachi could even begin to comprehend sounds a new surge of another sense quickly became clear. The surge kick-started his slow awakening forcing his eyes open and him becoming completely conscious of the world. His first image of the world was a wolf biting into his hand. He could feel every sensation of it. The teeth ripping his flesh,his blood running down on his hand and the strength of the wolf's grip. And the sensation that quickly brought him to attention was what you might ask? Well that sensation is something that beings large and small are all too familiar with. It's called pain.

Such a distasteful feeling to awaken to . The wolf a bit surprised his prey was now awake and instinctively moving his hand unclenched his jaw and quickly retreated. Unfortunately for Tachi wolves hunt in packs. Tachi quickly stood up and looked around. But he was unable to see anything around him but rocks as he was in a crater in the dead of night. All he could smell was his blood . That iron-like stench that signals you something is very wrong. He suddenly heard barking from every direction surrounding him. It was as if the hungry wolves were rejoicing they had found easy prey. Even though Tachi was unfamiliar of this world, his mind had already made the connection . Even a few minutes into consciousness he can now associate the wolves with pain. Something he does not want to ever feel again.

The wolves' howls and barks were quite loud , many of them signaling the rest of the pack to come closer get and get ready for the kill. But then almost instantly there was silence. Tachi looked frantically around almost relieved they had gone silent and would hopefully leave him alone. But before he could even let out a sigh of relief he found himself horizontal in the air falling to the ground as a wolf just snapped at his left foot causing him lose his vertical position before he could even feel the pain of his damaged foot. The silence was not the wolves running away. It was them closing in for the kill. Bit of a fatal mistake but an understandable early misconception about his first foe in this world.

Laying on the floor feeling the wolves attempt to chew at his body and the agony that came with it. Tachi thoughts go wild as his death draws closer. To him it felt as if the pain itself was pulling him back into the darkness. It seems he was more afraid of the pain than he was of the darkness. And even though he was not fond of first memorable experience in this world. He would exhaust every bit of energy he had to make sure it was not his last.

The wolves were all suddenly lifted into the air. Tachi still on the ground with his eyes closed shut and stuck in a trance of refusing to accept his fate. The wolves astounded by their loss of gravity almost immediately start whimpering and whining. Not so ferocious now that the laws of physics don't apply to them. The wolves now noticing a black glow around Tachi reeking of the smell of anki, a smell many creatures stay away from. Their prey had unconsciously become the predator. Normally unrivaled in that forest the wolves final realization was that Tachi was not an easy target at all. In fact they probably could not of picked a worse target. Something that all wolves are taught when their parents are teaching them to hunt. 'Do not wound what you cannot kill.'