four

The next day, Team USA beat Italy 2-0, moving them into the next round.
During that match, Hailee and Luis spent a lot of time on the bench together and although they were supposed to be watching the match, most of their time was spent talking and getting to know each-other more.

They both had to admit, but not to each-other, obviously, that the more they got to know one another, the more they were beginning to fall for the other person.

They decided to head into town and get ice-cream, which Luis happily payed for. It didn't take them long for them to finish it, however, because it was so hot.

They were walking around the park when Luis took hold of her hand. Hailee froze and looked down at their intertwined fingers, then back up at Luis.
"Is that okay?" Luis asked.
She smirked and nodded. "It's perfectly fine."

The two continued to walk hand in hand, but Luis stopped her.
Hailee leaned back against the wall and cocked an eyebrow. "What is it?"

He licked his lips. "I'm gonna be honest..."
"Okay..." Hailee said, unsurely.
"I really like you. We haven't known each-other for long, but when I say that, I mean it."

Hailee's heartbeat sped up as she smiled.
Luis smirked and used one arm to lean against the wall. This also meant he was closer to Hailee.
"You're right; you really have got confidence." She chuckled.

Luis lightly laughed before leaning in a little more.
"I really like you too." Hailee breathed out.
Luis' smirked stayed plastered across his lips and Hailee grinned.

Luis then leaned in and their lips locked.
However, the kiss didn't last for long once they heard someone shout: "Look! It's Hailee and Luis!"

The two pulled away and their head's snapped in the direction of the voice.
Hailee laughed once she saw Goldberg, Averman, Jesse and Dwayne stood there.

"U-uh," Luis stuttered, trying to think of something to say.
"You can't deny it!" Dwayne grinned. "We just saw y'all!"

"It's finally happened, Connie was right!" Averman announced, punching the air.
Hailee's eyed widened. "What else did Connie say to you?"

Averman grinned and tapped his nose with his finger before running off. Jesse, Dwayne and Goldberg followed before either Luis or Hailee could say anything else.

Luis sighed and pushed himself away from the wall. He then took hold of Hailee's hand again.
"Shame," He said. "I guess this secret won't last for long."
Hailee laughed as a grin formed on Luis' face. "Shut up, Mendoza, you love it."

***

"Alright are we ready for warm-ups?" Coach Bombay clapped as he strode into the changing rooms.
Hailee laughed once she saw his slicked back hair, along with the rest of her team.

"Mr Slickster!"
"Look at you!"
"Woah!"
"Hey, nice jacket! Did you get two pairs of pants with that?" Averman remarked.

Hailee chuckled and patted her close friend on the back. "Good one, Averman."

"Hey," Luis whispered from behind Hailee. She turned around. "Do you think they've told anyone yet?"
Hailee shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, no one's said anything so-"

"Hey, Adams!" Goldberg called out. "Would you really think that we'd keep this quiet?"
"Keep what quiet?" Adam asked as he picked up his helmet from the bench.

The team were heading to the rink when Jesse yelled: "We saw Luis and Hailee kiss!"
The members of Team USA mockingly 'ooed' as Connie clapped. "I knew it, I knew it!"