Taken [4]

"Are you gonna start screaming again if I take this bag off?"

I shook my head, biting down on the gag that was still in my mouth. Alexander had carried me up the stairs and I didn't know where we were. Hailey's screams and the twins' shouting had gradually died down. Either that, or they were now out of earshot. Probably the second one.

"So are you gonna start screaming, or no? You still didn't answer."

"Mmph," I shook my head again, trying to answer without words. He was doing this on purpose. He knew I couldn't answer. He started laughing just as a door opened. I heard more commotion and realized we weren't far from the basement or the others; the doors must be soundproof. It fell shut and everything went quiet again. Except for the sound of new footsteps.

"Why's the bag still on?" Brendan's voice came from nearby.

"For fun?"

"Take it off," He sounded impatient, and Alexander promptly moved the sack from my head. I jerked with the motion but didn't go far; he had roughly shoved me into a chair the second we got up here, less than a minute before. "You look mad," Brendan observed.

I glared at him through my wild curls. My hair was so in my way and it was bothering me. All I wanted was to fix my hair.

"You should fix that," He moved my hair away from my face so the curls fell over my shoulders again, rather than criss-crossing near my eyes. "Will you be a good girl and stay quiet if we take that gag off?"

I kept glaring. Didn't make a sound. He thought this was a yes, but that wasn't the correct answer. It was a definite no.

"I'll take that as a yes," He removed my gag.

"Don't call me a good girl again," I seethed. "I'm a fucking woman. Don't start with that patronizing misogynistic shit."

"Fair enough," Brendan conceded, surprisingly. "Don't get up."

"Where the hell am I supposed to go?" I pointedly looked down at my bound feet. Alexander hadn't tied me to the chair or anything, but my fucking feet were still bound at the ankles. We were in a very small room and I didn't even know where the damn door was or where it led to.

"You, my little Ivy, are supposed to stay right here."

"Stop calling me that," I made a face at Brendan. "It's creepy."

"And it makes you mad," He finished.

"Duh. I don't fucking know you, and you kidnapped me."

"See? This," He looked to Alexander and back to me, "is why we brought you up here. You're not scared of us. Why?"

"What do you mean, why? None of us seem very scared of you. Have you not noticed?"

"Yeah, I have. But you're not scared to die. And you know things."

I waited for them to keep going, staring blandly for the end to this exciting story. Apparently there was none.

"A lot of people know things," I waited, but still no ending. "What the fuck do you want?"

"You." Alexander paused as my eyes grew wide. "Not like that. I mean, yeah. But no. You to answer some questions. Is what we want."

"Okay," I answered slowly, my eyes still on him. "What do you wanna know?"

How you know so many things.

"I don't! I don't know that many things-" I stopped talking when Brendan shook his head. I was confused. I thought..