Chapter7

Chapter 7

"Aisha," yelled her little sister after her as she ran out of the Kindergarten room.

Aisha paused for a second time bending down and waiting for her sister to come to her. She walked quickly a folded paper in her hand. Her uniform skirt swaying as she walked. Aisha had put her hair in two small braids and wisps of small hair had already come lose.

"Here," she said thrusting the paper in her hand at Aisha.

Aisha gingerly took it and looked at her little sister with a small tilt of her head.

"What is it?" she asked curiously noting that the paper had been taped shut.

A wide smile spread on Misky's face.

"It's a present for Gabriel...I wanted to say thank you," she said.

Aisha stared at her sister for a second taken a back.

"You...you drew him a picture?" she asked surprise coloring her words.

Misky giggled.

"Ya, I wanted to say thank you. Mommy and Daddy liked when I drew them pictures...I thought he might like it too," she said her eyes bright.

Aisha nodded her head though her head was spinning. She hadn't liked the phone conversation Misky and Gabriel had shared, it was all her little sister would talk about the whole weekend. She plastered a smile on her face.

"Do you want me to give it to him?" she asked already knowing what her sister's answer would be.

"Ya," she replied with a smile then placed a kiss on Aisha's cheek before quickly turning back to her classroom.

Aisha stood there for a second trying to figure out what she should do. With a sigh, she turned and walked out of the school building. As she opened her car door, she glanced at her watch. She had a few minutes to get to work. She didn't have to rush, so she took her time driving, trying to figure out what to do about her sister's little gift.

She still hadn't thought of a solution as she walked out of the elevator and made her way to her desk. She placed her bag on the desk and turned on the computer and listened to the voice message on the phone. Aisha glanced at the two offices to find that both men were not in. She went into Sebastian's office and opened the window and cleared his table a little trying to make sense of the mess.

This was one characteristic both brothers seemed to share. She placed some documents on his desk and made her way to Gabriel's room and did the same. Gabriel didn't appreciate her little "cleaning up" of his desk so she didn't bother to touch his "organized" mess. Instead, she refilled his mini fridge with sparkling water and made sure he had two apples on his desk. It was almost an obsession with the fruit. He ate it constantly.

She decided to place her sister's paper on his desk grumbling under her breath about how absurd it all was. She had walked out of his office when she found Jessica coming out of the elevator. Aisha had decided within the first week that she truly disliked Jessica. More than even Gabriel, and that was saying something. Deciding to ignore her she went to her computer. 

She decided to put the final touches to the interview questions she had complied for all the party planners. Gabriel wanted her to make a decision in two days on who they should hire for the welcoming party that was to be held for Yunus Basel.

"Is Gabriel not in yet?" asked Jessica as she fanned her face with two black sleeked envelopes. Aisha knew she wanted her to ask what they were, instead, she shrugged and went back to her typing.