His Majesty's Intentions

The Crown Prince led me to the palace's garden. We stopped in a grassy field with yellow flowers all around just before he speaks. "Here, in this exact place is where I found you dancing with the cold winds blowing, and here is where we meet, my love."

I'm only looking and listening to his words but still my memories fail to conjure the events he's sharing to me.

"It's possible that I'm just a mere gisaeng, an entertainer, because of my dancing skills, your Highness." I said, smiling at him.

"Indeed, an entertainer in the palace, but playing the gayageum was your only task. However, I am not familiar with the style of dancing you're doing, it is very different and it might be some kind of traditional dance that is acquainted in the town you're from." The Crown Prince replies.

"Yes, you may be right, your Highness." That is the only words I could say for I don't want to make this conversation any longer since I can't still remember anything from it. What's important for me is the present.

"Have you got a place in your mind? Simply tell and I'll escort you to it. It is my desire to take you to the places you want to visit before continuing our plans to be wed." The Crown Prince stated.

"To be wed?"

"Yes, Mirajane, for that is what we planned just before the accident occurred."

"You're right. But what had truly happened that led me in this state, your Highness?"

I notice the surprise from the Crown Prince's face but he swiftly covers it. He's silent for some time before he finally spoke.

"My closest friend had arrange a plan to spirit you away. He became my rival for your love but alas, you chose me. My friend was enraged, he can't accept the decision you've made and forced you to go with him even if it's against your will. He has done a grave sin before me and before the kingdom. It took all my strength to follow both of you. You were about to cross a river on a boat when an arrow from my soldier knocked him off course, and taking the boat with him."

"The boat turned? What happened to that man?" I asked.

"Yes, you both fell to the water and the strong river current took you away. It's fortunate that we're able to find and save you. However, we failed to trace the traitor wherever we searched on."

"What is his name?"

"It will be better to not find out about it, my love, for your sake."

"As you wish, your Highness." I softly said. "Oh, can we go outside of this palace?"

"Out? Do you want to visit the town?"

"I do, your Highness. I want to see the world outside the palace's walls." I explained with an excited grin on my face.

The Crown Prince reflected my smile as well. "As you wish, my love."

He fulfilled his promise but not before we changed into common clothes. We made our way around the many stalls and happiness filled my chest as my eyes take everything I could see, from the expensive clothes, different jewelries and face powders.

Three days has passed and the preparations for the marriage between the Crown Prince and I had also begun. It is a joy to witness these events but there's also the feeling of nervousness inside my chest, but I did not let it hinder my way in accomplishing the things I'm expected to do. Today is when I will study the art of embroidery.

"Your Grace, the first thing you need to learn is how to choose fine-looking cloth that you'll be using. Then after, you must draw first the design that you prefer on that cloth."

"Like this?"

"Excellent, your Grace. It is pleasing to see that you're a fast-learner."

"Thank you for your kind words, Court Lady Yang."

"Ah, you need not to thank me, your Grace, because you are truly exceptional," she stated uneasily. "Your Grace, now you can start embroidering the inside after drawing on it. However, I'll advise to use red thread for the flowers. "

"But why? Can I not use yellow instead?"

"You can, but her majesty, the Queen, likes red flowers best."

"So you're saying that I have to give this to the Queen?"

"That is exactly the case, your Grace, because the Queen is the one who will decide if you are accepted to be the Crown Prince's wife."

"I understand..." that is the only words I can say. This means that my marriage with the Crown Prince is still uncertain. I must do everything well then.

Later on, the Crown Prince himself let his presence known to us and gracefully entered the room. Court Lady Yang and I bowed down our heads and give our respect to him.

"Your Highness, may I ask the reason for your visiting?" Lady Yang inquires the Crown Prince.

"I am here simply to greet my bride." The Crown Prince shifted his attention to me. "How are you, Mirajane? Are they oppressing you in doing your chores?"

"Not at all, your Highness. They're very kind to me and I didn't have any hard time in these preparations."

"That's good, my love. I do think that is the last work you need to do because in two days' time, the wedding ceremony will start."

"But what about the Queen's decision?" I asked.

"I already talked to my mother and she gave her consent to rush the wedding. No one could stop it anymore."

"As you wish, your Highness." I replied.

"When you finished your work today, you may go back to your quarters and rest."

"Thank you." I said and the Crown Prince silently went on his way.