Chapter 1

Here it is guys!! Chapter 1! Hope you all enjoy it! Don't forget to comment and vote!! :3

_______________________________________

“What’s wrong, Cerby? Tired already?” called out my opponent from across the arena. I wasn’t about to let her get the better of me. Our skills test was already an hour in, and no matter what I did, I couldn’t seem to get near her.

“Stop calling me Cerby!” I yelled out, getting frustrated by being called the same thing, day in and day out. “You know very well that that’s NOT my name!! Now stop acting like a coward and fight!” As if I gave her a cue, she ran towards me, daggers at the ready. I was finally getting the fight I was looking for. It was bad enough that I had been running around for an hour not even getting close to landing a hit, but our match was being judged, and we had no more than two hours to beat our opponent. It was rare that a match had lasted for more than twenty minutes, so any audience we’d have would grow after a long period of time. However, whenever I was scheduled for a match, it seems as though the whole school would be there, watching to see what kind of tricks I’d pull. By now, everyone knew that whatever opponent I was given, one way or another I’d be winning the match, however I had to agree differently for this match.

I got into a defensive position, my own daggers crossed out in front of me, as I waited for her to get closer. Her blonde hair was flowing behind her as she sped towards me. She finally closed the gap between us, then finally, the sound of metal rose in the air for the first time in the entire match. Now was the time to decide who would be the winner.

Our daggers were blurred by our speed as they hit against metal and air. We both jumped back, both having the same feeling. I had managed to land a hit on her, blood starting to make its way down her arm, yet I knew by her smile that she had also managed to get me, which wasn’t too often. I looked down at my left forearm, which had been sliced open and blood was slowly making its way down my arm and onto the floor. I chuckled at the fact that I had someone worthy enough to challenge me and have the possibility to win. But that wasn’t going to stop me.

I grasped my daggers tighter and sprinted towards her as fast as I could. She went on the defensive, but I quickly outsmarted her. I quickly made my way behind her that she didn’t even notice me until I had my daggers up in a crossed X formation over her neck. Her breathing got slower and she brought her neck up, trying to get as much distance between her and my razor sharp daggers. They had already made faint lines, though, blood slowly trickling down. I hadn’t done any fatal move, however, since I knew that this match was now mine.

The horn then rang, announcing the end of the battle. Everyone started cheering loudly, standing and applauding after the long and almost endless battle. I slowly brought my daggers down, letting her ease out of my hold. She turned around to look into my eyes, her crystal like blue eyes reflecting in the light. We stood there for a moment, until we were brought out of our trance by the loud voice of our Headmaster, which was being amplified by a microphone.

“There you have it, everyone!” shouted Headmaster Valkynhein. “The winner, and still the defending champ of the academy, Cerberus!! By far, this has been the best I’ve seen in this arena! A job well done to the both of you!” He started walking towards us with a big smile. He was probably going to give us his final evaluation mark, telling us if we passed that test or not. Of course, even if you win the test, it doesn’t necessarily mean you pass the test. The skill test is to prove that we can execute the skill we are asked to perform, so if it isn’t used in battle, then there’s a high chance that we don’t pass.

“So, Headmaster Valkynhein, how did we do? Was it enough to pass?” I asked curiously. I was always excited to hear how well I did, so I couldn’t help but be nervous when he walked up to us.