Chapter 6

*Rachel’s POV*

I stood staring into my wardrobe. I needed something nice, but I didn’t want to look like I was trying too hard. I didn’t want to be noticed by Harry, I just wanted him to get over me, so that I could get over him too. I finally chose something, and as this was just a concert, I went for a more casual look. Denim hotpants, a loose vest top and some Vans pumps. Simple. I didn’t rush to get to the front door when Lauren and Brigid arrived, I just walked slowly. Outside, there was a light breeze, nice enough to walk to be honest. We all jumped back into the car and Brigid sped off through London, till she reached the O2. Wow. Thousands of girls my age were just screaming, shouting and singing outside the venue.

“Oh my God” I whispered, hoping neither of the girls would hear me, but sadly, I spoke too loud.

“What’s up Rach?” Brigid asked, putting her arm round my shoulder.

“It just shocks me to see how many girls are crying here! Wow…” I said. Nice save. As Brigid and Lauren were girlfriends of Louis and Niall’s, they managed to get us into VIP and into the venue before the doors officially opened. We strolled into the arena and into the standing area, where it was empty, apart from the security guards and band members. We stood at the front railing, and that was where we stayed. All night. All the way until the end of the show. Before we knew it, the arena was covered in girls of all ages, screaming and giggling, showing off their excitement. A group of girls came up behind us and began talking amongst themselves. I managed to hear a few words.

“I hope Zayn chooses me from the crowd!” one voice said. I ignored it, why would Zayn choose a girl from the crowd?

“No, not Zayn! Harry! I hope he picks me!” said another voice. This time, I wanted to know.

“Lauren, Brigid? I just heard someone mention that the boys are choosing girls from the crowd, are they?”

“Yeah, at one point in the show, each boy chooses a girl and brings them up on stage to sing to them!” Lauren said, obviously happy that Niall would choose her straight away.

“Oh…Hey I need to grab a drink,” I said, but Lauren grabbed my arm.

“No, the show starts in a few minutes, we don’t want you losing your place!” she said to me, before pulling me between them. The arena lights went down, and the stage lights shone around the venue. The band members ran on stage and took places next to their instruments, and then the only thing to be heard were cheers. There was no turning back for me now.

*Harry’s POV*

“On in 90 seconds!” our manager shouted down the hall. We all made a run for it, to get to our starting positions. I stood in the darkness next to Louis, whilst he tried to get a glimpse of the crowd.

“Man, it’s packed out there. Good luck mate!” he turned to me and smiled, giving me a light pat on the back.

“You too mate, you too!” I said, grinning towards him. We gave each other a quick hug before taking deep breaths.

“Oh Harry? Find our girls, and make sure you get Rachel. She’s not going to ignore you on stage in front of thousands of people!”

“Will do Lou!” I replied, before making a run onto the stage. Lights shone brightly whilst thousands of girls screamed and jumped up from their seats. My eyes quickly scanned the room, looking for the one girl I’d been waiting to see for days now. Just as our first song was about to begin, I spotted her. Her skin glowed in the lighting and she looked more beautiful than ever. There she was, front row, at my show. I couldn’t take my eyes off her until she looked at me. Louis noticed where I was looking, and he grinned at Brigid, who gave him a thumbs up and a wink back. Louis nudged Niall and nodded in their direction, where Lauren stood staring at her boyfriend, looking more than proud of him. He got a little too excited and waved. Suddenly, Rachel looked up and right into my eyes. Her face was expressionless, whilst mine was lit up, just from looking at her.