Prologue

- Prologue -

The roads were icy and I could feel the car skidding slightly on the road. Suddenly, my dad's phone rang and the distraction broke his focus. The car swerved to the right. Out of nowhere, a huge tree appeared to be in front of us and the car came barreling towards it. I could hear my mum's screams as my dad tried to steer away from the tree. However, we ended up colliding into more trees. The car lurched as the metal crunched. I saw myself getting closer and closer to the windscreen as I was thrown forward violently. The seatbelt ripped open and before I knew it, my body was forcefully propelled onto the road. I couldn't move or talk. I could feel cuts all over me and I noticed that I was lying in a puddle of thick blood. My head hit the pavement and more blood ran down my body. I tried to move my arm which was underneath my body but an electrifying pain shot through me, contouring my body. The sound of raining glass echoed in my ears and small pieces sliced through my delicate skin. I suddenly became aware of a burning sensation covering my body.

Was I going to die?

Where were my parents? Were they okay?

Thick black smoke surrounded the air and I struggled to breathe. Everything was starting to become blurry and I became instantly terrified of what was happening. I couldn't hear or see my parents and I was unable to move myself. Gradually, darkness took over my mind and the world around me went silent.