Meet Jonathan

It has been three months since school started which means it is two more months until I turn. So the homecoming is in two days and I don't have a date. My mom sent me a dress. The dance is a masquerade. Ali is going with Richy. Tyler is going with Marcus. Who knew right? haha. Estella is going with Will. Of course Mina and Elijah are going together.

During my lunch today, I saw someone vomit blood all over himself. It was the guy in the orange that fought the first day of school. Teachers came into the room and took him away. Everyone but the juniors went back to their conversations. The juniors were stunned. I was confused. "What just happened?" I demanded. Ali shrugged.

"Not everyone becomes a full vampire. Some people die because their body wants blood but the mind and heart isn't ready for a full blood diet so the body goes into epileptic shock. Eventually the body attacks the heart and brain with the need. Both sides die off instead of one winning the inner battle." Ali explained in a bored tone. So that's why there is so few students in black capes at this school.

I wonder what will happen to me. I've been focused so much on my werewolf half I never thought about becoming a full blood vampire like my dad and uncle. "I... I gotta go." I muttered as I hurried to the nurse's office. When I got there the boy wrapped in white sheets. His face wasn't covered. He looked like he was asleep. Something has to heal him. I have to do something. I looked around the room trying to find a syringe. If I'm a miracle child like my parents say then maybe my blood is too. I grabbed a fresh needle and filled it up with my blood. I prayed over it as I walked over to the boy.

"What do you think you are doing?" the nurse yelled at me as I leaned over the boy with the needle. I glared at her. "Jonathan is dead! You have no right trying to change that." Well at least I know his name now. Maybe a kiss will save him like in the fairy tales. I placed my lips over his. After a moment nothing happened, then a voice in my head told me to French kiss him. Okay. So I stuck my tongue into his mouth which was gross since his blood was still fresh there. I heard the nurse gasp. "He's breathing!" Yeah but he isn't moving. So I went with plan A. I stuck the needle into his neck. I leaned back to watch the blood go in. His eyes flung open. Jonathan ripped out of the white sheets. His fangs came out. He grabbed me by my neck and slammed me against the wall.

"Jona-" I tried to say his name but his grip tightened. His eyes glowed like a werewolf's does when they are about to shift. I grabbed his neck and squeezed. He let go of me. "I don't know how I woke you up but I did so you have to obey me." I growled.

"You turned my son into a mutt like you!" The nurse gasped.

"Mom?" Jonathan whimpered. I threw him onto the table landing on his back. My uncle came in then with all the teachers behind him. "What's happening to me? One minute I was throwing up blood the next I'm attacking a girl that kissed me." Jonathan seemed distressed. I put my hand on his cheek. He looked at me. His next words broke my heart. "I hate you!" he spat at me. I dropped my hand, looked down, then left.

I went to the dorms and sat on the steps as it rained. It poured as I cried. How can someone be so ungrateful? How dare he say that to me, I saved his life! The rain stopped hitting me but it was still raining. I looked up and saw Tyler holding an umbrella over me. "Hey" he spoke softly. I blinked a few times confused. He's being nice? Why? "Need a friend?" he asked me as he put his hand out for me to take. Great the gay guy is being Prince Charming. I took his hand.

He took me to his dorm. Okay now I'm scared. Tyler walked straight to his room pulling me along. "Ty" I called out as we passed by a few guys in towels. He opened his door to his room and pushed me onto his bed. There's the jerk I'm used to. "What was that for?" I growled. He began to pace the room after he slammed the door shut.

"How did you turn a dead vampire into a hybrid like you?" he demanded. I began to shiver in fear and because his room was freezing. He clenched his teeth. He balled his hands into fists. "Dani, why did you even bother trying to save him?" he asked one question after another. I sneezed. My teeth were chattering. Tyler's eyes went wide as he realized I was feeling sick. "Oh my" he murmured. He turned of his A/C. Then he rummaged through his drawers.

"I'm sorry" I paused to sneeze. "I don't have all the answers achoo but I did what achoo my gut told me to do." Or maybe I heard my wolf. Tyler handed me some clothes even boxers. I leaned against the wall coughing. Tyler pulled off my shirt. "I... I can... do it." I sniffled. Ty's warm hands rubbed my bare shoulders. He paused to put a dry, clean shirt over me. It was a little big but I'm grateful. "You know... you could have just came achoo with me to achoo achoo to my room." I sighed.

Someone knocked on the door. "Finish changing" Tyler said as he jumped off the bed. His elbow bumped against my head as he did so. I rushed into the clothes he leant me. I hid in his closet as he opened his door. I heard someone growling.

"Is my maker in here? She is... I can smell her!" Oh crap it's Jonathan. My sneezing didn't help keep my hidden. Jonathan opened the closest. "Why are you wearing Tyler's clothes?" he asked me. He looked confused. Then he noticed my wet hair and my wet clothes on the bed. "Hybrids can get sick?" he asked. I shrugged as a coughing got came over me. Jonathan glared at Tyler as Tyler scooped me up into his arms.

"Shush... I've got you, Dani." Tyler whispered. I began to feel really tired. "So how does it feel knowing she gave her health up so you could live?" Tyler spat at Jonathan as I placed my head into the crook of his neck.

"What's going on in here?" an adult vampire asked snarling. I woke up slowly. The man was Mr. Knight. He looked confused as he stared at me. "Come with me." He whispered. "Let her sleep." He told Tyler and Jonathan. I was placed on a bed. Someone wrapped me in warm blankets. "What happened between the three of you?" he spoke sternly. I sneezed.

"Long story short I died she saved me and turned me into a hybrid and now she's sick." Jonathan sounded right next to me.

"How are you involved in this, Tyler?" Mr. Knight asked. Tyler pulled me onto his lap away from Jonathan. I opened my eyes to meet Jonathan's.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. Then I passed out. I felt my body fall to the floor.

"Dani!" they repeated my name.