Visions Of Fate

I'm running. Running away from him. The one who has ruined my life. My brothers life. The one who killed my mother, and got away with it. The devious smile upon his face lingers in my mind as I try desperately to get away. If he catches me, he'll take my life. If I manage to escape, it would turn into a suicide mission. I have no money. No shelter. No food. No chance of survival anyway. My legs somehow manage to move faster, at such speeds I had not known to be possible. Especially for  me. Trees pass by me. They seem to go faster than light. Suddenly everything slows down. Impossibly slow. My feet fall from beneath me. My life flashes before my eyes as I give up. I've fought long enough. He's going to get me anyway. Who knows where my brother is? Nobody. That's who. He ran off as I distracted the monster. That was hours ago. My brother could be dead. But he could also be free. Away from the horrible monster who has beat us, and made sure to ruin our lives along the way. Someone leans down next to my fallen body. I cant tell if it's him. I thought it was, but maybe it wasn't. They put their hand on my shoulder. The hand is soft, unlike his rough sweaty palms. "Are you alright?" they ask kindly. Its definitely not him. He wouldn't care. He hasn't for all of these years, so why would he start now? If it was him, he would have hit me by now. He would be ruining my life all over again. "Wake up. Please." the person pleaded quietly. I can see the outline of a muscular frame. My vision is unclear, however, and I can not see their face. "I'll get you some help. Don't move. Everything will be okay."  Why do they care? Nobody else does. Maybe they're different? No, don't jump to assumptions. You've done this before. You trusted them and you regretted it deeply. No matter what this person does for you, no matter who they are, do not trust them.

I am awoken from my dream by ice cold water being poured all over my body. "Wake up!" My father, the monster, screamed, "You cant be late for school again, fatty"

If I'm so fat, why haven't I eaten in almost two weeks thanks to you, Father? I ignore my father's harsh words and proceed to get ready for school. No light shines in through my window. I cant even see out of it, so i guess i can not tecnically call it a window. I brush my tangled hair and change into baggy clothes before trotting down the old staircase. I see my brother, Austin at the bottom. I grab his hand and quickly pull his small, fragile body outside. "Why are you still here? What about school? You should've left hours ago! If the beast finds out about this, he'll kill us!" I said

"Im sorry sissy," He replied softly. I notice tears streaming down his cheeks. My mood automatically softens. Seeing Austin cry was a very common thing in our situation, but with his long blonde hair nearly covering his ocean blue eyes as tears stream down his pale freckled cheeks is absolutely the most heartbreaking think you could ever see. "Im scared, Oli"

Oli. Short for Olivia. Olivia Nadia Wilson. Nadia means hope. My mother did that purposely. She knew her marrige wouldnt go well and wanted to to always have hope, so she put it in my name. Austin is my only hope. When Mom left us, because of the beast, Austin went through depression, we both did. But my last promise to her was to keep her baby boy safe. Ive failed at it so far. Her last wish, and i couldnt even make it happen. 

The sickest thing about my father is that he was happier than ever.

"Its alright Austin," i know he's scared because of our father, "Listen Austin, we'll get away from him one day. Stay strong for now, okay?" i whispered

"I dont want to wait until you're eighteen though!" he yells

 "We can run away." i state blankly

"What about last time?" he asks worriedly

Last time, we got caught tring to jump out of my bedroom window, which is why it is now boarded up.

"He thinks we're going to school, so lets wait until he leaves for work and then we can get some clothes and steal some money from him." i said.

He nodded slowly and grabbed my hand. I hear the door start to open and pick up the small boy, before rushing behind a bush in the neighbor's yard. We both held our breath as the rusty old pick up truck pulled out of the driveway. Austin let out a little giggle. A giggle of freedom. "Lets hurry, Oli. He probably forgot something" Austin whispered. I nodded and took off running back towards the house. Austin twisted the door knob, but it wouldn't budge. He turned around and sent me a worried glance.

"Its alright Austin. I can get us in" I assured

I quickly pulled a bobby pin out of my strait black hair and in a matter of seconds had picked the lock. I had done it before a few times, so it really wasn't much of a struggle anymore. " Your bad habits are saving us Oli" Austin let out a small chuckle. I don't reply. Im on a mission to get what we need and then get out. We never know when he'll get home, usually we hope he wont. If he's had a bad day we usually get beat until we fall unconscious. "Austin, go get some clothes, I'll get some money" I ordered. He immediately ran off. I ran to the kitchen and opened up the cookie car on the counter. There was a whole five hundred dollars in it. I took about half and ran back to the hall. Austin was staggering down the stairs with both of our backpacks stuffed to the max. I grabbed mine and helped him get his on before we both bolted out of the door. "Where are we going to stay?" Austin yelled

"I don't know. We'll find somewhere, bud" I sighed