Chapter 1: Lilana's Protector

Lida sat up in a tree, in her favorite spot.In between the crooks of the cherry tree. She held seeds in her hand, birds landed on her fingers pecking her palm softly.

           "Lida!" Lilana calls, "Get down here now!"

            She ignores her. "Oh hello Loman." She says as a yellow Canary landed in her palm.

              "Lida, NOW!" Lilana called again.

                    Lida looked down at her sister, "Why..." She drawled.

                  "Dad's having an episode." She let that sink in. Lida stared and the motioned with her hand for Lilana to climb up the tree.

             "Where's mom?" Lida asked, "At the market."

                          In the distance they heard screaming in the distance,  distinctly male voice. Their father wasn't insane or angry, it was just that he'd been through a war, and then he had pneumonia so he relived it all.

                When he did so he screamed, loud.

                            Lilana shivered when she reached her little sister despite the heat. "Is he bad this time?" Lilana nodded. "When's mom getting home?" Lida sighed. "She said around Stargate." Replied Lilana. Stargate was the time before the moon appeared. Lida nodded and they fell asleep in the tree waiting for Stargate.