The Pond

I knew where I was going. I knew there was only one place we could go where he would be mine and I would be his. The pond.

"Where are we going?" Marc whispers into my ear. I struggle to hear him over the sound of Eddy's moped's revving engine.

I shake my head, keeping my focus on the dimly lit road ahead of me. I try not to think about Marc's body pressing into my back. I try not to think about his flawless face illuminated by the pale moonlight.

I almost miss the exit. I press on the brakes and guide the moped along the narrow road. When we finally reach the clearing, I step off the bike.

"Swimming?" Marc asks curiously as he hops off of the moped.

I flash him a sheepish grin and lean Eddy's beloved vehicle against a tall tree. Grabbing his hand, I pull him away from the road and in behind the trees.

"Sieg- but- we don't have towels or-" Marc stutters, but I cut him off by pressing my index finger against his beautiful lips.

He grins and takes off his jacket, throwing it onto the grass. Before I can do the same, he pulls me in for a quick peck on the lips, and in one movement, he slides my coat off and drops it onto the ground beside his.

Suddenly, a wave of nerves ripples through my body. I realise what I have done. I have taken Eddy's moped and run off without telling my dad where I was going. I'm supposed to be the 'good kid'. I'm not bad. I'm not Eddy. But I would do anything to make Marc like me again.

Hands shaking, I begin to unbutton his shirt, my fingers gliding over his toned stomach as I work my way down. He pulls my t-shirt over my head and plants kisses on my collarbones. Each one feeling more electric than the last.

I take a step back. Marc looks at me, his brow furrowed in confusion. I feel myself blushing as my eyes dart down his body. He smiles and takes my hands in his, guiding them to his pants. Slightly hesitantly, I undo the button and slip his trousers down around his ankles. He kicks his socks and shoes off and leaves his pants on the pile of clothing on the grass beside us. I shake violently with nerves as he removes mine also.

We stand there in silence. I take in every single inch of his perfect body. Marc steps away and begins walking towards the water, somehow leaving his underwear behind him on the edge of the pond. I do the same. I wade into the water, meeting him in the middle. The water was high- reaching almost to my chest.

Marc turns around to look at me. His dark eyes glisten in the moonlight as he gazes deep into my eyes. I feel my insides begin to melt.

"What do you want?" He sighs, taking a step closer to me.

This is the second time he has said those words to me, and for the second time I don't think I have an answer.

"I don't know," I mumble. I absentmindedly swirl my hands around in the dark water.

"Do you love her?" Marc asks coldly.

I look at him quizzically. I thought this was over.

"Jessica. Do you love her?" He sounds manic, harsh and almost scary. His face is twisted into a horrid scowl.

I feel tears welling up in my eyes. My cheeks begin to heat up and redden and my heart rate becomes elevated.

"I..." I mumble, letting the cool pond water trickle through my hands like sand through an hourglass.

"Jessica," Marc repeats, glistening tears beginning to fall down his face.

I glide my thumb over his shaking lips and wipe away his tears. Suddenly, he swats my hand away lightly.