Chapter Six:

Night had fallen. It was precisely 10pm and everyone was most likely asleep. You had already packed a bag ready to go, all you needed to do now was just. Go. 

You grabbed your case and a jacket then headed downstairs, you passed the kitchen and the dining hall before you came to Charles' office. The light wasn't on so you assumed he was in bed, getting some well deserved rest. The front door came into view as you turned the corner but sadly, Charles came into view too. "(Y/N), I never thought that you would actually try to leave." You hung your head in shame as you continued walking towards the door "Honestly Charles I had my doubts as well, but it is for the best of your team. You all need someone who is not useless." "My dear you're not useless, you're extraordinary, a rare bird. Don't leave us." He took a breath and continued.

"Don't leave me." 

"Flattery won't get you no where Charles, I have made my decision." you put your hand onto the handle but Charles put his hand onto yours, it was warm and large as it brought a blush to your cheeks. "Please (Y/N) at least let me talk to you in my office, just for five minutes and I will let you be on your way." You couldn't say no to them beautiful blue eyes, "Fine Charles, but not even your powers can change my mind." He held your hand all the way to his office which warmed your heart.

You stepped into Charles' office and it still admired it's beauty, "A drink (Y/N)?" You shook your head and put your suitcase next the chair you sat in, Charles sat opposite you and said "I'm going to help you." "How Charles? Im useless." He replied in a whisper kind of "I'm going to help you with your memory power, try to erase a memory as such." You gasped, this is an entire new level of your power "C-Charles I can't do that to you, memories are a precious piece of art. They can't be touched." Charles sighed "We can get there, what I'm going to do is I'm going to drink this glass of Gin and you are going to erase that memory so I can get another one." He smiled then took your hand in his, remaining eye contact "I believe in you, you can do this. There is so much to you that meets the eye, so much creativity and strength that you're afraid to unlock in case someone gets hurt. But I trust you." "How will I know that you're telling the truth?" " You can look into my memories again and check." You breathed and squeezed Charles' hand, he squeezed slightly back. "Okay, I'll try." You replied.

He drank the Gin in his glass and looked at you dead in your (E/C) eyes and said,

 "Go ahead, I trust you." 

You took a deep breath and breathed out again, keeping calm as you looked for the memory of Charles drinking his Gin. Once you found it you thought about that memory not existing, that the memory would go poof. After very hard concentrating you shook yourself out of your trance and said "Charles?" "Yes my dear?" He smiled at you then looked at the glass in the hand he wasn't using to hold yours, before you said anything he continued "Why hold a glass if there is nothing in there to drink?" You gasped, did you do it? You hoped you did or either Charles is a really good actor, so you looked into his memories quickly and saw that it gone! "Charles you did have a drink, but I managed to erase your memory of making and drinking it. You told me to."

 Charles grinned and replied in a very happy voice "See, I knew you could do it. It's lucky you didn't erase me telling you to erase it, or otherwise I would be blabbering on about genetics and such." You giggled then stood up looking at Charles' record collection, "It's funny Charles, I didn't quite take you as a music lover. You have quite the collection." Charles stood up and stood next to you then picked up a record before making his way over to the record player, the tune started and you recognised it slightly. 

Charles turned around and held out his hand for you "Would you like to dance m'lady." You grabbed his hand gently and replied "Of course professor." Charles giggled then moved his hands to your waist, your hands snaked around neck. Charles pulled you close together both swaying gently, looking each other in the eyes losing yourself in his bright blue and him mesmerised by you (E/C) orbs. Charles started whispering the lyrics to the song:

"Roses are red my love,                                                                                                                                                          Violets are blue,                                                                                                                                                                     Sugar is sweet my love but not as sweet as you..."

Your heart truly melted, ever since you met Charles and got to know him. There was a feeling that you had never encountered before, it was very new and very real. Charles felt the same way, Erik was right about the way he looks at you. Charles looks at you with love, pure and innocent love.

The moment was right, the moment was pure. Both of you moved in closer and shared a passionate and devoted kiss, in your minds it lasted forever but eventually you had to break. You and Charles pulled away both smiling sweetly, Charles cupped your face in his hand and said "Please don't leave me (Y/N), we need you. I need you. You're an amazing person, kind and caring, beautiful. I do believe that I love you (Y/N) (L/N)." You were star-struck, no one had ever said that you before. "I love you too Charles Xavier, I promise I won't leave."

Until the song ended, you and Charles kept on swaying softly to the music. Charles saw the time then kissed you on the forehead, "It's quite late my dear, I think it's time for bed. We have a big day tomorrow." He said as he let go of you and grabbed your case, "big day?" "Well, were all going to train. Because soon, we're going after Shaw and need to be in the best shape we can." Charles held your hand and held your case with the other as you both exited the office, that night was the best night of your life. 

Charles walked with you to your room as if he was dropping you off at home after prom, "Thank you Charles." '"You're welcome love, now get inside and get a good nights rest." You opened your bedroom door then quickly gave Charles a kiss on the cheek before saying "Goodnight Charles." He gave her the case then she shut the door knowing that Charles is the one, her knight in shining armour or mutant with a swanky hair cut. Whichever one, she loved him and Charles loved her a lot, too much for his own good...

Authors note:

Hello! How is everyone enjoying this so far? Is there anything I need to think about for upcoming chapters and stuff?

Anyway the song is 'Roses A Red (My Love) By Bobby Vinton 1962.

Enjoy!