Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Finnicks POV

I laugh as I watch Katniss speed walk away with a frustrated and confused look on her face.

Perfect.

Now she hates me even more. I only did it to see if I could get a reaction out of her. Mission accomplished. The look on her face when she was giving her speech was priceless.

I'm still chuckling to myself as I walk up to my house. She's so cute when she looks angry. What? Where did that come from, I think to myself.

I banish the thought of Katniss from my mind and my smile fades.

I walk up to my house, wanting to enter but their are two Peacekeepers there blocking my way.

"Uh......" I start to say but then I remember Snows message to me.

Suddenly I am once again miserable.

"I still need to pack." I say trying to sound as confident as I can.

The Peacekeepers stay still for a moment then one of them says in a deep quiet voice, "Everything will be waiting for you, come along."

He grabs my arm and pulls me in between them.

We walk silently all the way to the train station. It's mid winter and it gets pretty cold here in district 4. The water is barely swim able and most of the fish have died. The cold wind whips my face as the train station comes into view.

We walk over to the entrance and they tell me to get on.

"You'll be making a few stops before you get to the Capitol. Then you will serve your duties." They walk off leaving me on the train by myself.

A few stops then the Capitol? What train is this? Oh. My smile returns. I am on the victory tour with the Girl on Fire.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~

I'm not really sure how Katniss will feel about this. I don't think she's found out yet, I went straight to my room before she could find me.

But I do know one thing, I'm very happy to be here. And, much to my amusement, Katniss' room is right next door.

I wonder how long I can go without her seeing me. Maybe I can just stay in my room until I get to the Capitol. I'll be staying there longer than her but we'll see each other again when we mentor. For some strange reason, I'm now looking forward to mentor the games because I know I will get to see that cute, frustrated look on her face.

No Finnick, I command myself. You have Annie.

Oh sh*t. Annie.

I completely forgot about her until know. Wow she is going to be so angry. I didn't even say bye or tell her where I was going. I just left. Oh well, I won't miss her.

Once again I kick Annie out of my mind. I hear a loud knock on my door and someone says "dinner".

What am I dog? I think as I saunter over to the door. Then I remember, Katniss hasn't seen me yet. But I'm sure she'll be at dinner. No point fighting the inevitable.

I open the door and make why over to the dining hall I saw on my way to my room.

When I get there, Katniss is not there yet. Only Haymitch is there drinking what looks like his third glass of scotch.

"There he is!" Haymitch yell, obviously drunk.

I smile back subtly then take a seat across from him. I don't eat much, I'm not very hungry right now. And I want to get out of here as soon as possible.

I'm about halfway done with an apple when none other than Katniss Everdeen walks in wearing pajamas.

She notices me the second she arrives. Her eyes widen in surprise but then her expression quickly turns to angry.

What is he doing here!?" She screams loudly at Haymitch.

"Ridin' on a train", Haymitch slurs.

I snicker at this.

"It's not funny! Why is he here?" She turns back to Haymitch.

"Listen sweetheart, the boy needs a lift to the Capitol, and that's where we're going. Simple."

"But were making 3 more stops!" She says, trying to contain her rage.

"We're still going to the Capitol. Who cares?"

I stick my tongue out at her playfully.

Knowing that she lost this battle, she gets a plate of food and marches over to the door.

Before she leaves she glares one last time at the smirk on my face.