Video Games

• Dedicated to Matt and Mello, may their souls rest in peace

I stood beside the graves, it took connections, but I got them both funerals. Proper funerals. They deserved it.

“We are gathered here today…” the priest began; I wiped away some tears, my eyeliner smudging, not that I cared. I wouldn’t hide my tears anymore, I would cry, for them.

I was wearing black, like everyone else in the crowd. A thin veil covering my face. Hiding it from view.

I don’t know how long I stood there, crying, beside the two graves… but soon enough, the priest asked if anyone else wanted to say a few words. Everyone went silent. I stepped forwards. I would say something, even if no one else did.

I stood up the front and looked down at the crowd… Near wearing black, now that was just odd…

I clutched at the sleeves of my leather jacket, his leather jacket… still smelled of chocolate, I would make sure it would always smell of chocolate… of him.

“Mello was… competitive…” I began slowly, I saw Near smile lightly, as he looked down at his toys, he slowly pushed them aside and stood, looking me in the eye, and he nodded.

And that was it.

I broke down, sobbing uncontrollably, he was gone, really, truly gone.

But I still had to finish my speech.

I opened the piece of paper, it wasn’t much, but I written it, for them.

“Mello has always been competitive, I’m sure if you ask anyone who went to Wammy’s they could attest to that.

I guess that’s one of the many things I liked about him. He wouldn’t give up, he wouldn’t give in, and there was no way in hell he would ever step aside and let someone else through. Both literally and metaphorically… Which was kind of a pain at times… Especially when you only have one bathroom.

I smiled, remembering all the times we had fought over his multiple hours spent in our single, small bathroom.

So when my brother, Near, came to Wammy’s and pushed him aside, becoming first. I can tell you that Mello was not very happy. At all.

He never liked Near (cant bloody well blame him) so when the thing that Mello had been training for his whole life, sweating blood for, when L died, and his place was passed on. When that place was given to Near. I think a small part of him died inside. No, I think a very large part of him died that day.

So what did he do? As any 15 year old would, he joined the mafia. And that, is how we met. I was but a lowly prostitute, doing anything to make my way in the world. But I had big hopes, big dreams…

When Mello came in, he took a liking to me. No, he never… used me. In fact, after meeting I quit, I didn’t need the job now that I was friends with the mafia boss, the first. No one would dare mess with me.

And Mello talked to me, we discussed the Kira case, the pros, the cons, the risks… And Near. Imagine his shock upon finding out we were related.

After the explosion, Mello began to hate himself. His scar, his position, everything. He was filled with regret. I was trying my hardest to convince him that the scar was incredibly hot (which it was) and that he was a good person at heart,  but he refused to believe me. And then Matt came. Matt found him, and together they worked.

We did everything together, we solved the case. Together. Matt and Mello were inseparable. Till the end.

Then they kidnapped Takada. My job was to monitor, a job usually given to Matt, but he couldn’t resist the chance at being the distraction. He thought it would be so much fun.

I was monitoring. And then I saw it. On the news.

Matt was dead.

It hurt, it hurt so bad. I refused to believe it, I left my post and went to find him.

Yes.

I left my post.

And that’s how Mello died.

Mello.

Mihael Keehl.

Matt.

Mail Jeevas.

Robbed of everything. Their belongings, their parents, their lives. Even their names.

Everything but each other.

Mello always strived for the best, yet never got it.

But if you never settle for anything less that the best, then the best is usually what you gain.

Mello always came second, people say he never won, but I disagree…”

I held my head high and smiled lightly through my tears

Mello did win.

In the end,

And at that, Near began to cry.

26th January, its their deathaversary *sob sob* my friend actually DARED to say that Near won on my R.I.P status on facebook... so i called her a whore and told her to burn in hell :) UNFRIEND! srsly dude! you do NOT say that near won on a bloody MELLO RIP STATUS!!! RAWR!!! :/ 2 days till light dies :) YAY! anyways, i dunno y, but the ending to this made my cry... probs cos i was listening to... m-m-matts s-s-song WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! yea, video games in now officially matt and mellos rip song (and they played it on hottest 100 :3 id laugh if it was 2...) yea, ive lit a candle that i refuse to let go out until midnight (wich is kinda hard cos its rly hot so i have my fan on...)

EDIT

i have decided to SUFFER in the heat instead of using my fan, cos it too risky. so after hours of suffering in the heat to keep this candle alight, i decide to quickly go and get a drink... and guess who decided to come in and blow my candle out?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU