Chapter Twelve

*A/N: Just a little warning, this chapter is a tad bit violent.*

_______________________________________________________________________

Carsons POV-

     We pulled up outside the address Declan had traced the call to. He put the car in park and started to get out.

"No. We can't both go in." I pushed him back.

"What if she's in there?"  He asked, I could see the fear in his eyes. He was worried about his sister.

"Look, I'll make sure she's okay. If I'm not out in 10 minutes, don't come after me, call the police. It won't take me more than 10 minutes." I opened the door, slamming it with anger. I was ready to kill him, kill whoever was torturing Avalon like this. It needed to stop.

     I walked up to the door, and knocked. I was greeted by a man, a man who started laughing.

"Oh hey, pretty boy." His voice was pure evil. I wasn't sure if it was the same man I spoke to on the phone or not.

"I'm warning you," I grabbed a hold of his shirt by the two sides that were unbuttoned from each other, pulling them together, getting up in his face. "Where is she?" I asked.

"You're warning me, huh?" He laughed a little louder, a little more evil. "Hey guys, pretty boy is warning me."

     I saw seven large guys gather around the man that I was gripping onto. I didn't fear anything, I was too wrapped up in wanting to save Avalon. I had enough, I had to see where she was. I ripped through the men like it was nothing, with them chasing after me, I opened every door.

"Avalon! Avalon! AVALON WHERE ARE YOU?" I cried out. What did they want with her? Where was she?

"Look, pretty boy, you won't find her here."  A new guy said, walking up to me from a different direction. He had his hand around my neck tightly. It was so tight it was painful, and I wasn't able to breathe right. I kicked him as hard as I could, hoping it would get him to back off  a little, but I was wrong.

     Two men came up, holding my arms down, another started hitting me, while who I was assuming was their boss was talking.

"Avalon Carter hasn't spoken a word in eight years, and she won't start now. We didn't want it to have to come to this, but I guess it has to.  If she's going to speak, she's going to die." As soon as he finished his sentence, he hit me harder than the other. His force, breaking my nose, blood dripping down my face.

"You won't lay a hand on her. I won't allow it, not if it's the last thing I do." I muttered, barley able to speak.

"It will be the last thing you do." He laughed the most horrifying laugh I had ever heard in my life. "You know what to do, boys." He started to walk away, but not before saying one last thing to me. "Oh, pretty boy, don't forget that it was your precious Avalon that did this to you." He walked away, and then it happened.

   Not one, not two, but three kinves. I was stabbed three times in the stomach. The pain, it only lasted for a minute. I was in shock after that. My body slid down the wall. Before I drifted off, I heard him speak again.

"Grab the stuff, we're going to find the girl."

Declans POV-

     It was nine minutes into the time, when I saw about ten men. All of them running away from the house. There was no sign of Carson, none what so ever. Where was he? Were there more men? What was going on?

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator on the other end of the line spoke to me.

"M-my sister, she went missing. Her boyfriend and I went a-after the guy. He went into the house to find her." I broke down, tears filling my eyes. Was my sister in there? Was she okay? Was Carson okay?

"Sir, relax. What happened?" I calmed myself enough to tell the lady on the other end what I had to say.

"There were ten men, they left. I think my sister and her boyfriend are inside. I-I'm scared. I'm going inside." I opened the car door and stood up.

"Sir, where are you located?" I was silent. "Sir? Sir, did you hear me? I need to know where you're located so I can send.." I cut her off by giving her the address.

"I'm going in." I said as I walked up to the door that was standing wide open.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to wait for emergency services to arrive." I couldn't wait, though. I had to go in.

     I walked through the door, and down the hallway where I found Carsons body, laying on the floor.

"Sir? Are you still there?"

"H-he's been stabbed." I threw the phone down, and looked throughout the rest of the house, but Avalon was nowhere to be found.

Avalons POV-

     I walked back into the house that I had been staying at, my grandparents house. I was just outside swimming in the lake that I used to swim in when I was young. There were so many good memories here, so many memories that I was hoping could help me forget about him.

     If I was caught in this cabin, I could get into serious trouble. It belonged to a family now, a family that only stayed here during the summer. I was basically stealing everything. I was stealing a place to sleep at night, their food, their water, their electricity, their cable.

     I didn't care, though. Maybe that's what I wanted. Maybe I wanted to get caught. Maybe I wanted to end up in jail for stealing, and breaking in. Maybe I'd be too worried about my own life to think of Carson. He hasn't gone out of my head. With everything I do, it reminds me of him. I'm being so unfair for him. It's for a good reason. I have to keep him safe.

     I was laying on the couch, bored with nothing to do. I flipped on the tv, to the news. I didn't usually watch the news, it was always too sad. Every time I would was it I would feel depressed. I was getting ready to turn the channel, when something caught my attention. I saw a man, laying in a hospital bed, a man that looked just like..

"17 year old Carson Kent was reported to be stabbed three times in this house I'm standing in front of tonight." The reporter pointed in the direction of the house. "He's reported to be in critical condition, and doctors think it will be highly unlikely if he pulls out." My heart dropped, and a tear rolled  down my cheek. "Police have not released any information, but I have heard that they are looking for suspects. If you know anything, call.." I turned off the television.

     Carson was going to die, and it was all my fault. How could I have done this to him?

_________________________________________________________________________

*A/N: D: Oh no. Poor Carson! Vote if you want to see Carson get better! You know the drill, 20 votes & 5 comments until the next chapter. :) I was nervous about uploading this chapter. :( I'm not sure if it will turn my readers off of it, or make them enjoy it more. :c I hope you like it.*