Hand to Hand

The clings off glass rumuged all around the room as everyone celebrated our football game we were going to the finals tomorrow, that was the day were everything was gonna happen where we played the charlotte monsters nd the winner took home the championship. My dad was Coach Mcinley the coach of our team everyone loved him he was the reason we got this far and now the whole football team was in the bar celebrating except it was only the grown ups drinking. 

"Jake" they called out my name

"Heres a toast to our Quarter BACK JAKE!!" said my dad.. 

He was drunk now fully drunk he had druel and he smelled of beer he was wobbling around he couldnt even see straight he was bumping into tables and everyone had a tight gripped wrapped around his wobbling too.

"Dad I think its time to go now." I announced

"Come on Jake let him have some fun." they said

"no the big games tomorrow we need some rest guys." I said

They nodded there heads and everyone cleared out of the bar in a heartbeat I followed my dad outside and then I said

"Dad throw me the car keys."  Our car was a 1994 Ford Mustang GT custom made with white chrome wheels and polished metal with leather seats and a race car engine.

"Uhhhh d-d-dont worry I c-can drive you just got your license take it slow you got a game tomorrow dont want you taking any risks."

"uhh fine" I said.

I let him drive we were on a busy 4 way street and my dad was getting impatient so he said.

"Just FUCK IT."

He drove straight and we got hit by a big van my air bag turned on and then I was knocked unconsious the next time I woke up I was in a hospital with my mom crying I sat up and pushed the sheets off of me and said

"Whats wrong mom?." 

"Your dads dead." she said in a hushed vovice

That sentence hung in there I was for the first time in years about to cry but I stopped myself 

"What happend." my mom said

"He was drunk he drove a-and well he drove my airbag turned on and after that I went unconciouss sorry mo-" I said

"Dont call me mom I cant believe you let him drive I dont want to see your face  your games in 3 hours if I were you I would go."

she said

"But mom im sorry do you blame me or something."

"Yes I actually DO!" she hollered

I got up and left the room. I went home and took a shower I grabbed a bite to eat at McDonalds and put on my football gear I took the bus and then when I got to the game they were announcing that my dad died..... and how everyone respected him and he was a good coach etc...

When we started the football game I was immideatly thrown the ball the field was a little wet so it was to our advantage we learned how to play  in the wet I faked to the left and ran to the right I stoped midway and then acted like I handed the ball off but then I didnt the wid receiver ran to the left and they all ran after him he almost got sacked by 10 guys until they figured out he didnt have the ball by then I was long gone and at the touch down line it was 10-0 the Phildelphian Bobcats were winning (us). I ran down the 100 yard and scored a touch down in the begging of our game YESS! I just wish my dad was here to see it... I trailed off.

When they got the ball there quater back the most popular guy in that school his name was David Guerro ran down the line he wasnt fast enough because I knocekd the wind out of him he grabbed by helmet and started pushing me I just pushed him right off and when I was walking away to start a new play he said