Prologue

"I thought it was love.."

Hello! Hope you enjoy this first chapter ! I know I enjoyed writing it(: !

Crystal's Picture to the side ---

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

★Prologue - 3 years earlier. Crystal is now 15 ★

Slap!

My eyes shot to my father who was now standing over my mother shouting profanities.

"You worthless piece of shit!" he spat at her,"the only thing you do is make fucking kids!"

My brother an I sat crammed in the corner still trying to take in what just happened.

Mom had just told dad she was pregnant with a third child, and in a blink of an eye she was on the floor. It happened so fast. Me and my brother are now hyperventilating watching my father yank my mother back in forth.

I wish there was something I could do, but I knew standing in the corner was probably the safest thing to do. For me, my mom, and my brother.

"Get the fuck up, and clean this up!" he spat at my mother who was in a fetal position cradling her stomach.

She attempted to get up, but fell back down weeping.

"Now!" he yelled kicking her in her stomach causing me to wince from thinking about the child who was contained inside.

Mother then screamed out in pain, and all I saw was red seeping through her silk white dress.

My father then jerked her up off the ground and pushed her towards the bathroom.

"Get rid of it," he said referring to the huge red blotch spreaded all over my mothers gown,"then come clean this shit up," he said while going towards the stairs.

My mother nodded; her eyes were now red from crying, and black smeared all around her face from the make up she had on. Her silky brown her was now tangled and rough looking.

She proceeded to the bathroom; not even looking back at me and my brother.

My brother had his head in the crook of my neck, crying.

After a few minutes of sitting in the dark lonesome corner, my mother walked out. I hated to see my mother like this; her face was dull, plain, and melancholy. Like someone had sucked the life out of her. Although a bastard did suck A life out of her.

She looked as if what just happened didn't happen. A extremely bored look masked her face, and I had to look away therefor I hated seeing her like this. I knew she was merely trying to be strong for us, but it hurts to see her holding her true emotions in like this.

As my mother cleaned up the glass on the floor, my brother stirred a little in my arms. He was now sleep.

When my mom was finally done cleaning, she looked at me for the first time since dinner. Her eyes bore into mine with such sorrow and pity.

I turned away from her. If I looked into her eyes any longer I would burst into tears, and I had to be strong for Jalynn, my little brother.

I picked Jalynn up, and went into the den to lay him down on the couch.

I walked back into the kitchen, and my mothers eyes snapped to mine. Her face still was bored looking like she didn't care about anything in anymore , but I knew that wasn't true.

I ran up to her, and hugged her crying into the crook of her neck, not being able to be strong anymore.

"I love you mom," I mumbled into her neck, and she squeezed me tighter. I then felt warm moist droplets running down my back.