What Have I Done

Chapter 5

                I woke up groggily. I had a crick in my neck and my back was sore. I could feel the dull ache on my side. What the hell happened? I opened my eyes to reveal the forest before me. I sat up feeling the ever present dull ache in my side. My hair was messed up and knotty.

                I pulled myself into a sitting position that I was only wearing one long t-shirt. Then I noticed the crimson red of the dried blood that had pooled around where I had been laying. I lifted up my shirt to reveal the red area of my stomach. I could just make out the remnants of the bite mark. It was nearly fully healed but my blood was dried onto my skin and the shirt making it look worse.

                I put my top back down before unsteadily climbing to my feet. I leant heavily against the tree. I felt weak and hurt. That was it. It was my training. He left me. He nearly killed me. AHHHH! I hate him. I was left bleeding out in the middle of the forest all night. I unsteadily pushed myself from the tree.

                I stumbled through the forest, my body still struggling with the injury and blood lost. I was bare foot as I walked through the forest. I felt the twigs and branches dig into my foot but I was numb. I couldn’t feel any pain. I watched as the early rays of the sun shone through the trees from the sun rise.

                Finally, I made it back to the encampment and made it back to my caravan without being heard. Once I was in, I stripped from my clothes and went to the shower. I washed and scrubbed myself to get all the dirt and blood off of my skin. I really couldn’t take the sight of it. I watched as my blood fell to the bottom of the shower and through the plug hole.

                When I finally finished, I dried myself and looked at my figure in the full length mirror. You could see the prominent teeth marks in my skin from the bite but given another couple of hours they would be fully gone. My eyes looked dull and dead. I felt so defeated. I don’t know if I could survive another training session. I couldn’t. My body was suffering. I was suffering.

                I brushed my hair through before changing into some clothing. I pulled on my leather boots and black skinny jeans with a light blue top that complemented my eyes before finishing my look with my leather jacket. I took some pain killers and disinfected the wound to be on the safe side before leaving the caravan and heading for breakfast.

                I made it to breakfast but it was already really full with rogues. I am usually up really early but being left in the forest passed out made me late. I walked in and people bowed their heads. I didn’t acknowledge them. They are all idiots to follow my father. I was let straight to the front of the line so I grabbed some orange juice and a bacon sandwich. I then sat at an empty table and ate my breakfast quick. I really didn’t want to stay in here any longer than I really have to.

                I exited the room and headed straight for the meeting room. I entered through the back way and I was lucky enough that my father wasn’t already here. I leant against the wall with my arms crossed. I watched carefully as some of the Warrior Rogues entered and began to chat in groups.

                Slowly but surely the room became filled with more and more people. I stayed exactly where I was not making eye contact with anyone. I didn’t want to talk to any of them. They all sickened me. Jeez! I sickened myself. The things I have seen and witnessed and didn’t do anything about. That is where my fright comes into play. I have been hurt so much, to the point of death that I am too scared to do anything.