Part I

I'm taking a break from my studies to post my story from the charity. For all those that participated in the charity, I just want to say my own thanks and also to any of the authors, they were so excellent. I'm so honored to be included with you guys.

As for my readers please bear with me, its a little different than my other stories.

Love to hear what you guys think though! Also promise that it is already finished, will post next and last part tomorrow, so it won't be another year before I complete it.

But on that hand, I will hopefully be updating a few times this break! So if you can wait a little longer, I promise that it will be worth it.

Without further ado this is When Roses Bloom Again...

~!~!~!~

Dear Ms. Hermione Granger,

My name is Rosalind but my daddy calls me Ro. I like it better, don't you?

I hopes you become the minister. Your my favorite because you smile pretty and kind. My daddy says you will be a good one because your strong and smart. I know hes right. I hope I get to be meet you one day so I can learn to be as smart and strong as you.

Ro

It was a race for the history books. The first single woman was running for Minister against the war veteran, Caleb Bagnold, who was carrying on the legacy of his great grandmother, Millicent Bagnold, the Minister at the time of Lord Voldemort's first demise.

Yet Hermione Granger hadn't been intimidated, as her third party had been. She'd fought the same Dark Wizard Bagnold's legacy was built on and had survived, with many scars at that. Scars both on her soul and physical being, like so many others. Her same scars reminded her of why she was running.

Kingsley was going to take a term off in order to rebuild the Auror's Department. Too much corruption had occurred since his absence and try as Harry might – he was the Boy-Who-Lived – he was only one person with little training in the position of leadership, a task that he was not keen on in the first place. Harry, still to this day, did not believe that he was a good leader, no matter how often they told him otherwise.

Not only the Auror's department, but Kinglsey also, had to try to practically build the Department of Mysteries back from scratch. While he had tried to do this as Minister, too much else – 'Too much politics," he would murmur in his deep tenor – had disrupted him. At last it had driven him crazy, how dysfunctional everything was, and if they were to rebuild and stay on the right path they needed a foundation, a solid foundation. Too many fundraisers, dinners, and travelling to the rest of the world preoccupied his time. He had to assure the wizarding nation that the British Ministry was up and running again; that they were trustworthy and not made of Death Eaters all in cahoots with Dark Lords. Hence he had asked Hermione to step up, his piercing eyes the color of the darkest coals, though not unkind.

Hermione had been hesitant – she had only gotten her promotion in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement months ago after nearly five years, having come to work for the Ministry right after finishing her education at Hogwarts – but Kingsley had told her all the reasons that he was nominating her. Many of them reminded her of all the things being fought for during the war that took so many lives from them. Equality for all creatures was still not equal by any means. It just wasn't. Not even the thousands of deaths that occurred at the hands of a man so prejudiced and evil could convince the masses to change their way of thinking that had plagued them for eons. Kingsley also wanted Hermione to run because she wasn't thirsty for power, whereas the gleam in Caleb Bagnold's eyes said just so. A man like that, inflated with the power of being Minister, would not be good news for anyone. It would be a whole new kind of terror – possibly worse than Pius or Fudge ever were.