Ch.27 Rebound

ALLISON'S POV

I stopped playing and rested my head on top of the piano when Missy walked out of my room.

"I'm not strong enough for the both of us.... what am I supposed to do?.... You know I love you" I sang almost whispering as my tears started to fall again.

She's mine now!

I closed my eyes upon remembering what Missy said a while ago. I already anticipated that this moment will happen once Salt finds out, but it still hurts like hell. I lost the most important person in my life now, and it's all because I chose to keep my past a secret.

It breaks my heart to know that she accepted Missy's love just like that but I can't blame her. I closed my eyes again and started playing with the base notes again.

"Cassy" I mumbled.

"Salt" I added afterwards.

No one can explain the emotional pain that I'm feeling right now. I feel like Missy betrayed me, but I don't have the rights to argue because I gave her the chance to steal Salt away from me. Now I'm alone and have nothing.

I decided to lay on my bed to rest after almost an hour of crying. I immersed myself in staring blankly at the ceiling afterwards, but was interrupted when my phone started vibrating.

"What" I said flatly. It's the staff from the jewelry shop where I bought Salt's necklace, she called because she's confirming my order.

"Do you like it?" It's more like a statement than a question. I sensed her confusion by my question but she still replied with a yes.

"That's yours now, don't call me again" I said before turning off my phone. That necklace is useless now because I am already single. I covered my eyes with my right arm afterwards and started crying again till I fall asleep.

I woke up with the sound of music coming from the living room. I scratched my head in annoyance because I don't like the song. If I remember the title of that song correctly, it is What the fox says or something like that. I swear it's the most ridiculous song that I've ever heard in my entire life.

I breathed out loud before standing up. It's already Monday, and whether I like it or not, I have to attend class. I didn't see Salt yesterday because I didn't get out of my room since the night that she broke up with me.

I frowned when I saw Missy dancing with the song in the living room while on my way to kitchen.

"Good morning Ali!" She greeted me ecstatically which I replied with a small smile. She's so happy and I know why.

I leaned on the counter top while sipping the coffee that she made for me. I don't know what I would do or feel if I see Salt later in the class.

"I prepared omelet, the maid said she can't come over so please bear with my bad cooking" she said smiling. I glanced to the table to check the battered omelet that she's talking about.

"I'm not hungry so don't worry about me" I said flatly before finishing my coffee.

"Okay" she said pouting.

I don't want to upset her but I'm not in the mood to indulge her as well. I don't have appetite since Saturday, since Salt left me. She sighed before picking up the plate of omelet and threw it on the garbage bin afterwards.

"Thanks for the coffee though, you go to the class first, I'll be a little late" I said and about to walk back to my room when she spoke.

"I don't want you to be like this, Ali" she said without looking at me.