Girl Meets Boy Contest (1)

I quickly took my books and pen out of my locker before gently closing it. I was about to go straight to my first lesson as per usual but I could feel a pair of eyes on me. Usually I would have ignored it as I was standing in a busy corridor; the person might not even be looking at me but someone near me. As much as I wanted to believe that, the urge to turn around was too huge to ignore.

I turned around and just as I thought, someone was staring right at me. When he noticed I'd seen him, he gave me a small smile. I debated whether or not to go to him. We weren’t really like that which is why I felt hesitant about it. Nonetheless, because of some strange reason, I walked over to him.

He just stood there, awkward and blank faced for a while before putting on a forced smile. I could tell it was forced as it didn't actually reach his eyes. Bless him. "You look pretty happy today," I said in an attempt to kill the awkward turtle that was scuttling around us.

He smiled, genuinely this time. "I am. It's a pretty great day," he said.

I looked at him questionably. What did he mean by a 'pretty great day'? It was absolutely freezing and we had a test in half an hour. He was such a strange boy. Maybe that's why I liked him so much. He never seized to make me laugh.

I watched him as his eyes flickered around quickly. He swallowed subconsciously as if he was about to say something; something he maybe didn't want to say. "Wanna go out?" he blurted making me blink in surprise.

I scrutinize him for a short time in attempt to figure out if he was telling the truth or just messing with me. Had he somehow discovered that I had a crush/ obsession with him? How could he have known? Unless... no. Kathy would never do that. She'd double secret promised me that she would never tell anyone that I liked him.

Oh dear, Raffina, say something! He's looking just say something, anything! "Sure."

Was I the one who'd said that? I couldn't even recognise my own voice. I smiled softly to disguise my mortification. I could just imagine Kathy popping up from nowhere, joining hands with him and then screaming "Gotcha" in my face.

He gave me a strange look. "I mean like on... like on a date type thing?"

He's serious. He's actually serious! I let out a shaky breath of relief. Play it cool, Raffi. "Yeah I got that."

Smooth.

The End!