| Chapter 7 |

AN:

Here is a nice long chapter for all of you! Thank you for all your votes and comments on this story! I love you all!

Draco didn't stay long on the dock waiting for Thetis that night, sleep pulling him toward his bed in the castle. Every other night, though, he came out to the dock and sat under the stars and waited for her to return to him. She never did, though, and he was confused as to why. The other nights he spent with Hermione Granger in the library.

He walked along the hallway to the library when he heard a female voice singing his mermaid's song. The owner of the extremely flat alto voice came around the corner and Hermione Granger stood before him in front of the library. He narrowed his eyes at her, grabbing her arm; he pulled her into one of the empty classrooms on that floor. She shrieked at him to let her go, but he gripped her harder.

He let go of her when they entered the classroom. She turned on him, her brown eyes flared with anger, "What was that about, Malfoy?"

"How do you know that song?" he growled at her, marching toward her.

"What song?" she asked.

"The one you were singing in the hallways," he continued to growl, "Tell me how you know it."

"It's just a song, Malfoy," he gripped her arms now.

"No it's not," he said, "How do you know it?"

"Malfoy," she tried to wiggle out of his grip, "You're hurting me."

"Good," he bit at her, "Maybe it will help you concentrate," she stopped and looked into his grey eyes, seeing something in him now she hadn't before. He was never usually like this. He seemed to notice this and quickly let go of her, "Tell me... please."

She stepped away from him, fear widening her brown eyes, "The Lake."

His eyes widened, too, at her words, "You know her to?"

"Who?" her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Thetis," he said her name.

Hermione's eyes were now wide with fake shock, "How do you know her?"

"I...," he paused, "She came to me," he lied and Hermione knew this, "How do you know her?"

"Same thing," Hermione replied, "I was studying down by the Lake, needing some time away from my friends, and she appeared to me."

"Did she teach you that song?"

"No," Hermione shook her head, "She was singing it when we last met and it got stuck in my head. I don't know how she does it."

"Same here," he responded and suddenly the bell for the first lunch rang out. Draco looked at the door, "We never talked here, do you hear me? You say anything, I will deny it."

Hermione nodded quickly, "I understand."

"You go first," he motioned for her to leave and she went cautiously.

"What about our Potion's assignment?" Hermione turned to him once more.

Draco chuckled, "Oh, Granger, you and your book worm needs," that was all he said so Hermione left the empty classroom quickly.

Draco turned to look out the window at the Black Lake. He wondered if maybe she had talked to others at this school beside Hermione and himself. Maybe they knew more about her and how to get her talking to him again. He would have to be careful when he asked around the school. He turned on his feet and marched out the empty classroom, heading for his dormitory, his mind on the book hidden under his bed.