Knife Edge

KNIFE EDGE

                                                               a sensual psycho thriller

                                                                                  by

                                                                        David Callinan

Chapter 1 begins after copyright info

All rights reserved

No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means. It may not be reproduced, transmitted, downloaded, decompiled, reverse engineered or stored in any form of retrieval system whether electronic or mechanical without express permission of the author. Scanning, uploading and distribution via the Internet is illegal. Please purchase authorised electronic editions. This ebook is for your enjoyment only and licensed only to the purchaser. If you wish to share this book please purchase another copy. Thank you for respecting the author and the work.

Copyright © David Callinan 2011. The right of David Callinan to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by him in accordance with The Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1998.

This book is a work of fiction all characters are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

The author is indemnified against the content of any third party websites over which he has no control.

Cover art: © istockphoto 000004637

http://www.davidcallinan.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DavidCallinan

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Callinan/267629909940448?sk=wall

Books by David Callinan

THRILLERS:

The Immortality Plot

(a Mike Delaney novel)

Knife Edge

Bodyswitch

An Angel On my Shoulder

 YOUNG ADULT FANTASY

The Kingdoms Of Time And Space

(trilogy)

CHILDREN’S BOOKS (7-10)

 The Weather Kids

SELF-HELP, HEALTH & HAPPINESS

The 10 Minute Miracle

CHAPTER ONE

She just had to look.

She had no choice. The compulsion to examine and criticise her appearance had long been a form of addiction, a ceremonial ritual she went through every morning. So were the familiar feelings of loathing and depression that welled up inside her as she stared back at the image in the mirror. Starting as a cold lump in her stomach they gradually insinuated themselves into her mind until they were displayed almost as graphically and painfully as the face in the reflection.

Ella Fallon was no beauty that was for sure. If brains, intellect and intelligence could be captured in a face then she could have been a glamorous centrefold, a rarer beauty even.  There was no doubt about that. As it was, she was convinced that she was ugly. She hated the word yet she forced herself to confront it every morning. She needed to generate the necessary emotional charge before making the big wish. The fact was, most people would have simply called her plain and that was because her slightly oversized, bulbous nose, distorted top lip and mousy, straggly hair gave her the appearance of a rejected rag doll.