Chapter six

Sorry this took a while, I was busy studying for my exams

______________________________________________________________________________

The thieves hide out:

     Jason sat nervously in what was usually Amancio's chair. Ciel had insisted that if he was going to lead the team he had to sit in the seat of power.

"Are you sure about this? What if they come back and find out we put someone else in power?" Peter panicked.

"Then they'll congratulate us for keeping it together." Ciel said certainly.

"No, they'll kill us, you know Amancio has the gift." Peter sad still afraid.

"Then leave," Jason said getting to his feet.

Everyone looked slightly startled.

"W-what?" Peter asked.

"You heard me Peter, if you're so scared then leave." Jason said coolly.

"I'm not just going to-" Peter began.

"A team is only as strong as it's weakest link and you Peter are the weakest link." Jason interrupted.

He was beginning to calm down a bit, he wasn't sure what had come over him and made him snap at Peter but he knew he couldn't take it back.

"Are you serious?" Peter asked sounding hurt.

"Yes, Peter, just leave, I trust you'll keep our identities, our location, and our business a secret and if not, well you know what happens to those who rat us out." Jason said sitting back down.

That's how Amancio would have done it, that's how he had done it in the past. Of course nobody had seen these angels again but Jason wasn't going to have anything happen to Peter.

Peter turned to leave.

"I'll be by later to pick up my things." He said coolly.

"If all your things aren't gone by this time tomorrow it will be disposed of." Jason replied.  

Peter left closing the door behind him.

"Lock it," Jason ordered.

Carson quickly locked it.

"Can I drop the act now?" Jason asked Ciel.

Ciel nodded.

"That was an act?" Carson asked sighing heavily.

"We needed to get rid of him," Jason nodded.

"I didn't know you could act," Carson said thoughtfully.

"Very funny, now let's talk business," Jason smiled. "I was thinking we should lay low for a while, people know Amancio's gone and they think they're safe, if we let them rest in peace for a while they'll let down the defences. When we start up again it'll be easier to get in and out and they'll think there's some new crew because we don't have our leader." Jason explained.

"That makes perfect sense," Carson nodded. "How long will we be laying low?" He asked.

"As long as it takes for the hot spots to ease up on defences, that's when we'll strike." Jason smiled. Ciel had come up with most of what Jason had said, he just didn't like the pressure of planning out heist after heist.

Germany:

     They hadn't spent much time in Switzerland or Liechtenstein, they were both fairly small countries.

"I'm not getting anything," Damien sighed as they entered Berlin.

"What country comes next?" Amancio asked looking out the window hoping they would find her soon and be able to leave.

"Poland, then the Czech republic, then Austria," Damien began.

"Forget I asked, none of that means anything to me." Amancio interrupted.

"Just be thankful there small countries, when we go to America we're going to need days just to get through one country," Damien sighed. "Then again it'll take us days to get through Russia alone," Damien began.

"How do you remember all these country names?" Amancio sighed.

"I always knew you would someone how get me in the human world, I just thought it would be because of a crime, not because you fell in love." Damien said carefully reading each sigh.

"I'm guilty of being in love?" Amancio clarified.

"One of the most common crimes of all, both in our world and in the human world." Damien nodded.

Home:

     Dinner was quiet. Usually they talked about their day at the table but Steven's mom said that it was a slow day at the office and Chrisy was feeling uninspired so she had nothing to say and the other two didn't feel like starting the conversation.

After dinner Steven and Melangell went up to his room to do homework. She sat in the chair at the desk while he sat on his bed.

"I hate math," Steven sighed.

"It's not hard if you get it, I didn't like it either so my dad went out and bought me a math book. I read each section as it came in school and before I knew it my grades were going up and I was enjoying myself." She smiled.

Steven never knew what to say when she mentioned her parents. He was pretty sure she didn't know that he knew they were dead.

"Mel," He sad softly.

"Yes?" She said looking up from her work sheet.

"When we were at the hospital the nurse said that your parents died in a car accident," He began.

"My father did, but my mother died having me," Mel said calmly.

"Oh, I'm," He began.

"Don't be one of them, why on earth should you be sorry? You sure weren't driving the car when he hit the black ice, now were you?" She said coolly.

"I can't drive," Steven began confused.

"Then why should you be sorry? It wasn't your fault, you couldn't have stopped it, there's nothing that can be done to bring him back, and I'm perfectly happy living with my godfather." She said coolly.

Steven was at a loss for words.

"Do you like it here?" Steven asked.

"I love it, the new people, the new drama, it's quiet refreshing," She smiled.

"What about staying with us?" He pressed.

"I've always been an only child, but I always wanted siblings, and I never had a real mother figure so it's very nice." She smiled. "It's just to bad it will only last a month." Mel sighed.

"You can come back and visit you know, Chrisy loves having another girl in the house, plus it's nice having someone to help me in school." Steven smiled.